• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
I know somebody that has some of those GTs and uses them to forehand with quite well, but other than him I've never heard any love for them.

My new pink Z Buzzz is a good deal more overstable than my Glo Z, so its been a welcome addition to my bag. I ripped a 350' hyzer all the way shot with it today and it held its release angle beautifully.

Have I mentioned lately that I hate discspeed and want to use my foot to ensure that his just-born child is his last? I've been throwing Rocs for a little while now since I cleaned up my throw some more and they've worked fine, can't say I love them but it has been working pretty well and since I prefer stuff in DX I've felt satisfied. But then today I'm throwing a couple practice shots on a hole after the handicap and he suggests I throw his X Buzzz and as always happens when I throw one of his discs I shank it but then I grab his Z Buzzz and it goes on this bloody perfect straight line with a nice little fade at the end that parks the hole.

So now I bought an X and Z Buzzz because I really do prefer something with a natural straight flight anyway and the low ceilings I usually deal with are better suited to something that's not so height dependent and after throwing his Buzzz just once I can no longer fake being happy with the Roc. :roll:

JimW said:
Have I mentioned lately that I hate discspeed and want to use my foot to ensure that his just-born child is his last? I've been throwing Rocs for a little while now since I cleaned up my throw some more and they've worked fine, can't say I love them but it has been working pretty well and since I prefer stuff in DX I've felt satisfied. But then today I'm throwing a couple practice shots on a hole after the handicap and he suggests I throw his X Buzzz and as always happens when I throw one of his discs I shank it but then I grab his Z Buzzz and it goes on this bloody perfect straight line with a nice little fade at the end that parks the hole.

So now I bought an X and Z Buzzz because I really do prefer something with a natural straight flight anyway and the low ceilings I usually deal with are better suited to something that's not so height dependent and after throwing his Buzzz just once I can no longer fake being happy with the Roc. :roll:

You'll be back, they always come back.

JimW said:
...hate discspeed...I grab his Z Buzzz and it goes on this bloody perfect straight line with a nice little fade at the end that parks the hole.

...prefer something with a natural straight flight anyway and the low ceilings I usually deal with are better suited to something that's not so height dependent and after throwing his Buzzz just once I can no longer fake being happy with the Roc. :roll:

I don't throw Buzzzes just to be different and cool. :wink: I hope you also aspire to one day throw the 300' shot with 0 turn and 0 fade like I did with my Glo Buzzz there. I also think that if a lot of Roc throwers on DGR played our home courses all the time they would find advantage in the Buzzz.

Pat said:
You'll be back, they always come back.

Absolutes are foolish. If this were true, would Innova have released the Coyote/Mako/Roc +? Obviously a few too many were "coming back" about as well as a beat Roc.

I just voted for the new Z Buzzz. Took one in the bag for the first time this weekend to a tourney. We ended up doing a throw off for the ace fund because nobody got an ace. The TD set his bag in the field, pointed at a basket and told everyone to throw at it. As soon as the disc took off it looked $$ and when it landed the guys down by the basket started clapping. Parked it! Bought some more Buzzzes.

What buzzzs do most of you guys carry in your bags? Is it a combo of z and x plastic or something else

ok. I got another question discspeed or anyone else, which of the two x or z are better for understable duties?

sappman said:
ok. I got another question discspeed or anyone else, which of the two x or z are better for understable duties?

Some Z's (FR, Opaques, and Glos) hold a slight turn really well while holding their altitude and gliding very nice. I usually prefer controlling these type of line holding turnover shots rather than throwing shots that flip. That being said, there are a lot of times where you need a shot to actually flip and glide. For these, it is honestly near impossible to ever get a Z (or even an ESP for that matter) truly understable. I remember a buddy of mine who was a little eccentric (but one hell of a golfer) showed up to doubles one night with an ESP Buzzz that he had taken some sort of rotary tool to. It was hilariously jacked up...but it actually flew sweet...when thrown at moderate speeds it would flip slowly and continuously throughout the flight. Anyway, we're not allowed to do this to our discs (if you play PDGAs), so for that reason I recommend an X. I would say a pro-D, but that plastic sucks (although I know a good old school player that uses them, and I can no longer claim they don't glide well). The X Buzzz will still take a year of heavy normal use to actually be flippy, but you can always accelerate the wear period (which I'm about to do with my X Buzzz).

Are all X Buzzzes domey, or do flat ones exist?

I have a domey X Buzzz that, other than the label, seems like a completely different mold than the dinner plate-flat Glo Z or Z Buzzzes. The domey X Buzzz flies way more understable than the Z's, too. I had a flat D Buzzz that I liked until I threw it on a roof. As I recall, after a few collisions the D Buzzz was slightly more understable than the Z Buzzz – bendable but not flippy.

I'm not sure that I need to carry a flippy midrange. Right now it seems like throwing a Z Buzzz, DX Whippet, and Warlock forehand and backhand covers the shots I need (not that I can always make the shots, but I should be able to).

Thoughts?

Monocacy said:
Are all X Buzzzes domey, or do flat ones exist?

I have a domey X Buzzz that, other than the label, seems like a completely different mold than the dinner plate-flat Glo Z or Z Buzzzes. The domey X Buzzz flies way more understable than the Z's, too. I had a flat D Buzzz that I liked until I threw it on a roof. As I recall, after a few collisions the D Buzzz was slightly more understable than the Z Buzzz – bendable but not flippy.

I'm not sure that I need to carry a flippy midrange. Right now it seems like throwing a Z Buzzz, DX Whippet, and Warlock forehand and backhand covers the shots I need (not that I can always make the shots, but I should be able to).

Thoughts?

There are a lot of flat X Buzzzes out there. I've seen a couple of the domey ones, and they are really freaky. Most are flat or at least flatish...

As far as not carrying one that is understable, as I said before there are a lot of situations, specific ceilings and distances, where an understable midrange allows for a real touch shot instead of having to try to force something with a stable disc. This is where overthrows/throwing into the ground/offline comes more into play.

discspeed said:
There are a lot of flat X Buzzzes out there. I've seen a couple of the domey ones, and they are really freaky. Most are flat or at least flatish...
Freaky is right. I will probably try an X Buzzz again, but it sounds like I need to pick out a flat one in person (or take advantage of your personal shopping services, if still available . . .).

discspeed said:
As far as not carrying one that is understable, as I said before there are a lot of situations, specific ceilings and distances, where an understable midrange allows for a real touch shot instead of having to try to force something with a stable disc. This is where overthrows/throwing into the ground/offline comes more into play.
Good point. Thank you!

Recently traded a Champ Leo for an ESP Buzzz and I love the thing! I can pretty much throw it on any line I want, with any amount of power I want.

MizzouTiger26 said:
Recently traded a Champ Leo for an ESP Buzzz and I love the thing! I can pretty much throw it on any line I want, with any amount of power I want.

My ESP Buzzzes get more time than my Z ones.....I think we are in the minority!

I really like the Z plastic but I also have one in esp im trying to beat in.

CHEERS - Koffee