• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
Spinach D said:
Funny, I live in SW MPLS but I've never played Staring.

Also funny, I throw my Meteor more than my (very stable) Z Buzzz. The combo is quite nice. Its the best I've felt about mids since the D Wasp went OOP.
Meteors are solid mids. I used to carry one, but I found that what I could do with a Meteor, I could do fairly will with a Buzzz.

I also had a seasoned Z Buzzz that I had spent a lot of time on and really flew similar to my Meteor. But alas, that is the one I left on hole 16 of Bryant lake.

So I may put the Meteor back in the bag until I season one of these 2 buzzzes I have now.

Just lost my straith Roc and I've been lurking here for no reason at all :D

Beat Roc was great, but it takes too long to get them there and that bead doesn't feel that great for FH shots. I throw ~50/50 BH and FH. Also have been testing Fuse...

I throw Pures consistently 230-240 FH and 270-280 BH and Rocs a little longer, mostly slight hyzers or flat and prefer lower lines. Thats what Buzzzezzz are for, right?

Also would glo and Z work together out of the box or is there overlap?

DPJ88 said:
Meteors are solid mids. I used to carry one, but I found that what I could do with a Meteor, I could do fairly will with a Buzzz.

i can get a anny line with my meteor with minimal effort, right out of the box. it takes a little focus to do it with my seasoned z buzz and i'll still get just a bit of fade at the end where as the meteor will just keep gliding to the right.

but i had a beat x buzz that could do alll things a meteor could do, maybe not as long. lost of course.

superdrive said:

Completely overlapped, IMO

I differ from many who've commented on this thread in that I find no significant differences across ESP, FLX and Z plastics. My FLX is 1.5 years old, heavily used, with a dome that has collapsed slightly; it flies nearly identical to my brand new Z, and 1 year old ESP. The Buzzz is a notably consistent disc across runs and plastics (at least partially responsible for its success). Perhaps it's b/c I've never thrown one of the magical bar stamps, 2FR's, or other coveted Buzzz runs to know the difference.

J

Earl said:
Has anyone else noticed their Buzzz blowing by the basket too far? Is it just me?

When this happens it is probably because you are throwing a Buzzz that is still too stable for the shot. You have to throw it a certain speed to hold straight, and that speed takes it past the basket.

I've been throwing Buzzzes forever and I very rarely notice this issue unless I'm throwing a new one that happens to carry a little farther than the one I was used to. Once I learn the disc I no longer have this issue.

I also choose a putter more than a Buzzz for straight shots under 280' due to the advantage of their slowness when approaching the basket.

superdrive said:

There is definitely overlap until you start to break them in (which takes quite a bit of time). My broken in Z is a little longer than my slightly worked Glos, but the Glos still take straighter lines and are more wind resistant.

should be getting my order from marshall st. fri or sat! picked up 3 buzzz, (2esp and 1Z) also ordered up a z comet for a understable compliment until the buzzz gets worn in.

does anyone have a buzzz and comet in there bag? i figure a worn buzzz will eventually push out the comet.

got my buzzz order from Marshall St yesterday and took them to the field for practice. i expected the z to come flat, but my esp's came pretty flat compared to the tourney stamp that i have been throwing. so i was a little worried taking them to the field. i found no difference after a 1 hour throw session. in fact, i found that i could stretch them out past 250', which i've never been able to do with my ROCs. the Buzzz seems to handle full power better then my ROCs did.

the comet didn't do anything for me. think i need to spend a little more time with it.

I got two super tasty buzzzs at am nats today. Discraft wasn't even sure what to charge me because they are like a mix of esp and z. You can kind of see through them but they are real grippy like esp.

Here's my Buzzz stash:

-8 first runs (3 used, no you can't have them)
-4 2nd first runs (one used...meh, they ain't the same)
-3 Midnight Z (the best Buzzz ever made...too bad its black)
-5 early run wasp mold (meh, never needed to throw em)
-3 Holiday X (these are pretty sweet...never thrown them though)
-2 first run X...DGLO stamp (how do they work)
-2 first run D (AAA3 stamp...CT challenger plastic)

Might have to start throwing this mold again...

I'm curious what weights people prefer with the Buzzz. Until two nights ago I only had a 177 Z Buzzz. I threw a lot of good shots with it, but I had some issues with it slipping out early (used to deeper Rocs and Wasps) and not getting as much snap as I would like.

Someone gave me a new 170 Z Buzzz two nights ago and I'm having better results with it. It is still very stable, but I can snap it better and I've had less slip on hyzers. 168 - 170 is about the weight of my drivers so I think this is the right move. A 173 Meteor is now the heaviest non-putter in my bag.

i used to use mostly heavier buzzz's and mids in general, but on a whim i picked up a 168g Z buzzz and it is REALLY nice.... close to fairway driver distance and still plenty stable. I too use 168-170g drivers and having a mid in that range is working out well.

Aubin said:
i used to use mostly heavier buzzz's and mids in general, but on a whim i picked up a 168g Z buzzz and it is REALLY nice.... close to fairway driver distance and still plenty stable. I too use 168-170g drivers and having a mid in that range is working out well.

My new pearly blue Z is a 169, and it glides very well. quite the impressive disc. I may prefer this to my heavier buzzz's as well.

I am enjoying the Buzzz. I use a couple of Z at 174 and and X at 174. I am having problems getting anhyzer shots to hold since all my buzzzes are pretty new. I was wondering if I drop down to a lighter Buzzz maybe 160 to 165 would that make it easier to get those anhyzer shots to hold. My concern is that since it will take a while for the Z and X to break in I will be SOL until that happens. I could add a comet or fuse but would like to keep things simple.

Option 1 Buy a D buzzz play a hole round with just it (don't hold back in the trees) ta da! a buzzz that will hold annys.

Option 2 Release with more anhyzer.

So with pro D wasps getting discontinued, I just got a couple buzzz's in trade to mess with and (re)decide how I like my buzzz's, as I have not thrown them in about 3 years.
In order of stability, I used to throw a Old Z, 1st run, and 2 X buzzz. This whas when Old Z was the newest run.
Now I have a 173-77 Crystal, a 177+ X and a newest run 176. T
The X is my favorite out of the three. It holds a line really well and flys slower. Also has some more glide although heavier. Distance on multiple lines was the same for all 3. The X held its line better, while the Crystal had the most predictable fade. The new run had the most fade, and fought a wind almost as well as a fairly new X wasp.
I had forgotten how easy it is to throw buzzz's far. They were flying shots in the range I would often throw an XL on similar lines. Makes me wonder if I need to re consider my fairway driver? Not yet, they aren't that long. I think I will probably get a small stack of similar X buzzz's and maybe another 1 or 2 new ones and start beating them all in. Not sure if the crystal will make it into my bag anytime soon, although it was great on a straight line. (but what buzzz isnt?)

The x's hold the best line for me as well. I keep a z in there for a quicker moving lower shot or one with more hyzer. One of my favorite discs is my really beat x buzzz.

Thatdirtykid said:
I had forgotten how easy it is to throw buzzz's far. They were flying shots in the range I would often throw an XL on similar lines. Makes me wonder if I need to re consider my fairway driver?

It has taken some getting used to, but the more I throw it, the less I throw TeeBirds.

Latest posts