• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
discspeed said:
black udder said:
I guess I know who'll be crying now when Pro D, X & Z get dumped from production in favor of ESP & FLX (no I haven't heard that, just saying). I can't believe how many people throw the ESP & FLX. I just didn't care for either one of them compared to the others. Oh well.

Something about the FLX Buzzz really appeals to beginners. I've known many people who liked the FLX first, only to move on as they improve their form. I too threw the FLX for awhile when it came out. It has great grip and medium speed stability, but is overstable at low speeds and gets too understable at high speeds. This makes for a "squirrely" Buzzz when you put any kind of power on it.

The ESPs fly like broken in Zs out of the box, but are a bit faster imo. This makes the HSS a little touchier than the Z. Good disc for people who prefer a hyzer release.

The Pro D Buzzz is one of my least favorites. Brand new Z vs. D on a 300' straight shot: Thrown exactly the same (I took 20 Buzzzes to the field last night, so my release was dialed in)...Flat/slight hyzer release--The Z seemed to glide straight and slow for a long time before dropping down 6" from my target. It didn't seem to lose altitude until the last 10% of its flight, after which it dropped dead. The Pro D (both were Z & D were 177) came out of my hand similarly, but it started dropping about 50% through the flight and continued a slow descent ending 20' short of my target. The D also started fading slightly left as it dropped, where the Z held straight. I repeated this a couple times, results were always the same. If I got on the D a little more to compensate for the drop, it turned over slightly and didn't fade.

Conclusion? Pro D sucks. I imagine if it were beat a little it would fly better, but still not as well as the Z.

Now go take a few X's out and do the same thing, please. I like the feel of the X and need to know if I should throw Z or X :)

seriously, thanks. That was interesting information. I think the Pro D is good for working through the Roc cycle, one new and overstable, one dead straight and one turnover (for whatever distance you're throwing). I like the pro D, but now tend to cater to the X, Z or Crystal since I have the Comet.

black udder said:
discspeed said:
black udder said:
I guess I know who'll be crying now when Pro D, X & Z get dumped from production in favor of ESP & FLX (no I haven't heard that, just saying). I can't believe how many people throw the ESP & FLX. I just didn't care for either one of them compared to the others. Oh well.

Something about the FLX Buzzz really appeals to beginners. I've known many people who liked the FLX first, only to move on as they improve their form. I too threw the FLX for awhile when it came out. It has great grip and medium speed stability, but is overstable at low speeds and gets too understable at high speeds. This makes for a "squirrely" Buzzz when you put any kind of power on it.

The ESPs fly like broken in Zs out of the box, but are a bit faster imo. This makes the HSS a little touchier than the Z. Good disc for people who prefer a hyzer release.

The Pro D Buzzz is one of my least favorites. Brand new Z vs. D on a 300' straight shot: Thrown exactly the same (I took 20 Buzzzes to the field last night, so my release was dialed in)...Flat/slight hyzer release--The Z seemed to glide straight and slow for a long time before dropping down 6" from my target. It didn't seem to lose altitude until the last 10% of its flight, after which it dropped dead. The Pro D (both were Z & D were 177) came out of my hand similarly, but it started dropping about 50% through the flight and continued a slow descent ending 20' short of my target. The D also started fading slightly left as it dropped, where the Z held straight. I repeated this a couple times, results were always the same. If I got on the D a little more to compensate for the drop, it turned over slightly and didn't fade.

Conclusion? Pro D sucks. I imagine if it were beat a little it would fly better, but still not as well as the Z.

Now go take a few X's out and do the same thing, please. I like the feel of the X and need to know if I should throw Z or X :)

seriously, thanks. That was interesting information. I think the Pro D is good for working through the Roc cycle, one new and overstable, one dead straight and one turnover (for whatever distance you're throwing). I like the pro D, but now tend to cater to the X, Z or Crystal since I have the Comet.

The X has the most glide by far. You can throw it somewhat "Comet-like" and get great results. It flips if I throw it hard, but if I don't overtorque it the flight is long, straight, and effortless compared to the Z. I'm considering playing around with the X a little more.

discspeed said:

I think this is a fair and true statement and I myself fall into this category. However, I still love me some flx buzzz. It's not left my bag even after adding in a Z. It's comfortable and grippy, I'll agree its true they can be more finicky than their Z or ESP counterparts, but I still love them and throw them regularly.

emiller3 said:
erb said:
what's the Z buzzz with "BUZZZ" in big letters in the middle, without the big Circle like the discraft.com shows?

How about the Z buzzz with nothing in the middle and "Discraft Buzzz" at the top and ".5 mid range driver" at the bottom?
The big BUZZZ letters in the middle is what I think of as the old production Buzzzes, somebody may have to correct me. That's what I have, and I have some that I think are 3 years old. The big circle ones are what I think of as new production Buzzzes.

The one with nothing in the middle...an experimental run of the old production Z? I would think it's the same as the big letter Buzzz...

i should have said that the buzz With "BUZZZ" in the middle is not a tie-dye and the other one is, from what I've seen.
this might be the reason for the different stamps

erb said:
emiller3 said:
erb said:
what's the Z buzzz with "BUZZZ" in big letters in the middle, without the big Circle like the discraft.com shows?

How about the Z buzzz with nothing in the middle and "Discraft Buzzz" at the top and ".5 mid range driver" at the bottom?
The big BUZZZ letters in the middle is what I think of as the old production Buzzzes, somebody may have to correct me. That's what I have, and I have some that I think are 3 years old. The big circle ones are what I think of as new production Buzzzes.

The one with nothing in the middle...an experimental run of the old production Z? I would think it's the same as the big letter Buzzz...

i should have said that the buzz With "BUZZZ" in the middle is not a tie-dye and the other one is, from what I've seen.
this might be the reason for the different stamps

Correct. Tie dies and tourney stamps have the smaller Buzzz insignia.

3 Vicodin smashed up,pint of quality tequilla,gram of coke,box of nitrous,and at least an 8th of dank :mrgreen:

Jesse B 707 said:
3 Vicodin smashed up,pint of quality tequilla,gram of coke,box of nitrous,and at least an 8th of dank :mrgreen:

I didn't think it would take 4 pages to get such a response. :shock: :lol:

discspeed said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I didn't think it would take 4 pages to get such a response. :shock: :lol:
I was also shocked that it took me that long :lol: I guess my first reaction is to big up the Roc and a distant second is to make a drug "joke" :wink:

Guys...
.....Elaborate on the Elite X buzzz for a moment. I understand that one should avoid trees obviously, but what about the stability and flight, etc. Talk positive for me if you can!

You didn't put the best of the best on the list!

Factory Fly Dye Z. They are done on white Z plastic and they are the best buzzards I have thrown.

I do love me some first run for the anhyzer shots, but now that I have the Meteor it gets used less and less.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
Guys...
.....Elaborate on the Elite X buzzz for a moment. I understand that one should avoid trees obviously, but what about the stability and flight, etc. Talk positive for me if you can!

If you get a flat one they are the straightest and have the most glide. They don't handle power as well as the Z or ESP, but they fly the prettiest. They actually sit beside a stable Z Buzzz almost perfectly for hitting gaps with lower armspeed and throwing shorter shots flat (a stable Z Buzzz usually has to be thrown turned over to fly straight under 260-270'). The durability is actually pretty good if you buy one that feels solid.

Does anyone here have experience with te Buzzz-GT??

How do they fly different from a standard Elite-X? if at all.

I'm considering switching over to Buzzzs from the Cro, but all that I have is 3 168g Buzzz-GT X-outs that got for $4 each.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
So if you get a new stock Z Buzzz, what do you look for? dome, flat?

I like them perfectly flat. Watch out for the concave ones they fly more understable, the domey ones more overstable. The flat ones are straight and true.

While were talking about buzzzes, why not the Pro-D? I understand they are going to beat in and all but what is the flight like? I noticed that there is a pro on the Dcraft page that only throws them in Pro-D?

I like these buzzzes

3574252489_46752fd3aa.jpg

Tossin' in Memphis said:
While were talking about buzzzes, why not the Pro-D? I understand they are going to beat in and all but what is the flight like? I noticed that there is a pro on the Dcraft page that only throws them in Pro-D?
I just can't seem to trust my Pro-D Buzzz, and it seems to run out of steam a lot sooner. I have to give it more height than my Z Buzzzes or else it drops too soon and doesn't go as far. It doesn't have the same glide or something, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Here at altitude, Z Buzzzes start out a little overstable, but the Pro-D starts out dead straight, and holds an anny line all the way right out of the box. It's junk in the wind compared to a new Z Buzzz.

FLX Buzzes are great. They will hold any line like most other Buzzzes, they glide a little better than a Z, and have so little ricochet when you nail tree. Since the FLX plastic is nearly indestructible, when I need it bounce off the ground, hard hyzer into the ground and then take a ninety degree turn, I can trust that it will not be damage and will maintain its flight characteristics time after time. This is really handy considering how many wooded courses we have around here.

I do not know about other Buzzzes, but when I need a dead accurate tomahawk at 180 to 220 feet, I always use the FLX Buzzz.

Scott

smarkquart said:
FLX Buzzes are great. They will hold any line like most other Buzzzes, they glide a little better than a Z, and have so little ricochet when you nail tree. Since the FLX plastic is nearly indestructible, when I need it bounce off the ground, hard hyzer into the ground and then take a ninety degree turn, I can trust that it will not be damage and will maintain its flight characteristics time after time. This is really handy considering how many wooded courses we have around here.

I do not know about other Buzzzes, but when I need a dead accurate tomahawk at 180 to 220 feet, I always use the FLX Buzzz.

Scott

After throwing all of the Buzzzes on the list, I have to disagree with the FLX gliding better than the Z. I've compared them side to side and my 2FR Zs glide farther than the FLX with the same throw every time. Standard Z Buzzzes go farther as well. The FLX Buzzz must be thrown harder to work and when it loses speed it dies immediately, where stiffer Buzzzes keep going forward.