• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
Eric O said:
discspeed said:
I didn't include the Buzzz GT on the list because I forgot about it, but I don't really consider it a Buzzz. The GT top kills the glide and HSS of the Buzzz, so what you're left with is a shorter, flippier Buzzz. I've known intermediate players that like to approach with it.
That's interesting. I haven't thrown a Buzzz GT, so I can't make any comparisons myself, but I didn't expect it to be so easily dismissible compared to a normal mold Buzzz. I say this because not long after the GT version was released, a pro from out of town came visiting a friend of mine, and he was throwing the ESPs like 350 on a rope whenever he wanted. Since then I really haven't seen them thrown much so that's all I had to go on.

The GTs were X plastic rather than ESP. I think the ESPs are nice, but the Buzzz GT just flew like a different disc.

Were they all X? I had forgotten. Whatever plastic it was, it was the GT mold he was working the shit out of. That much I remember for sure.

Which came first, ESP Buzzz or Buzzz GT?

How had I not posted up on this thread previously? Must have been hiding under a rock somewhere. I have been a Buzzz guy for years, and I carry 4 in my bag. Interestingly enough, my tastes seem to favor some of the plastic combos that others are not so crazy about. From overstable to understable, I carry a 178 FLX, 170 FLX, 177 Pro-D, 172 Pro-D. The heaviest of the FLXs could be switched out with a Cryztal Z, though the urge to flip violently persists with the harder Z plastic. If you only let me carry one, it would be a FR, which is a great golf disc, easily manipulated, and fairway driver distance. IMO, the FLX discs like to get up in the air farther, while the Pro-D like to get down faster. The Z is good middle ground, and can do some amazing things. My first ace over 300 feet was with a FR. The Pro-D is not durable, but they fly really pretty, and a beat one usually yields at least one "Was that a Comet?" query per round. Hyzer flip to anny all the way to the ground. They are all good discs. KP

Eric O said:
Were they all X? I had forgotten. Whatever plastic it was, it was the GT mold he was working the shit out of. That much I remember for sure.

Which came first, ESP Buzzz or Buzzz GT?

I'm not sure, but I think it was the Buzzz GT came out in '05 and the ESP Buzzz late 2006 or early 2007.

Last weekend at an Ace Race I won an X Buzzz. It is stiff, white, and 176g. I've thrown the X Buzzz in the past and remembered it somewhat fondly, but I've never had one in my bag and I never really liked any of the ones I've owned. This new one flies sweet. It is flippier than my year old 2FR out of the box, yet it is still more stable than a new Meteor. It holds a slight anny without stalling at medium power, which is nice compared to the Z Buzzz. The X plastic also feels the best of any of the Buzzzes imo. It is grippy and stiff and in the Buzzz mold I expect it will be durable.

The X Buzzz is a GREAT companion to any of the more premium versions. I always carry one X and one ESP/Z.

discspeed said:
Last weekend at an Ace Race I won an X Buzzz. It is stiff, white, and 176g.
discspeed said:
It is grippy and stiff and in the Buzzz mold I expect it will be durable.
NoLifeLeft said:
The X Buzzz is a GREAT companion to any of the more premium versions. I always carry one X and one ESP/Z.
X Buzzzes are surprisingly durable. A local uses them for his main mid and he's been using the same three I gave him three years ago. :shock:

It's always been hard for me to find truly flat X's though, if do find one, they usually have the shoulder of a domed Buzzz that flattens out. I've noticed the same thing with the Supercolors.

I picked up a Glo Z that was out for the 09 Memorial; it is truly a domey Buzzz, simply amazing disc. I carry a light and heavy Pro D as well, but have not yet tried an X. Love the plastic, any talk of it going the way of the X Crush and Pred?

J-Man said:
I picked up a Glo Z that was out for the 09 Memorial; it is truly a domey Buzzz, simply amazing disc. I carry a light and heavy Pro D as well, but have not yet tried an X. Love the plastic, any talk of it going the way of the X Crush and Pred?

Are those Glo Zs the ones with the big logo and nothing else?

It just has the 2009 Memorial stamp in the middle. I see that Discraft is going to release a stock run of this glo, it's not bad, not Photon by any means, but not bad.

Special edition Halloween Buzzz is now available from the Discraft website. The plastic is purportedly a blend of FLX and ESP. Special pumpkin head stamp, only available in orange, $15.

The plastic blend is interesting. There seems to be a lot of variability in different runs of ESP as it is. My Doss ESP Surge feels almost identical to my friend's FLX Surge. Just traded an ESP Avenger that was super stiff, not like the Doss ESP at all. So, if the halloween Buzzz feels like my Doss Surge it should be a money blend.

J

I was playing around with a beat up X buzzz yesterday and it's amazing some of the lines that disc can fly. I'm pretty confident I can do anything a comet can do with a buzzz but I can't do everything a buzzz can do with a comet. It makes you wonder why the comet even exists. :twisted:

Don't ban me! Then I would actually have to do work.

I was thinking about it earlier...One of DGR's mantras is disc minimalism, right? If my statement is true, it could be argued that the comet is a superfluous disc. This means that people who throw comets are really DGR haters with plans to bring down everything this cult stands for. In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast.

TheTyrant said:
Don't ban me! Then I would actually have to do work.

I was thinking about it earlier...One of DGR's mantras is disc minimalism, right? If my statement is true, it could be argued that the comet is a superfluous disc. This means that people who throw comets are really DGR haters with plans to bring down everything this cult stands for. In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast.

Banned!

TheTyrant said:
I was playing around with a beat up X buzzz yesterday and it's amazing some of the lines that disc can fly. I'm pretty confident I can do anything a comet can do with a buzzz but I can't do everything a buzzz can do with a comet. It makes you wonder why the comet even exists. :twisted:

The truth is the X Buzzz and ESP Comet have a lot in common. With the Buzzz being domey and the ESP Comet flat it almost negates the flight differences caused by the molds.

This thread and the discontinuation of D Wasps casued me to pull out my Z, X and D Buzzz's again. Same result as always though. I do not like them. Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

BLURR said:
Glo Z Buzzz FTW!!!

I would like to try a Sparkle Z-Buzzz like the Sparkle Tsunami's.

I am in posession of 2 new 177 Glo Z Buzzzes, with the large DISCRAFT stamp. Have not thrown one yet, but perhaps tomorrow. As far as a Sparkle Z Buzzz, they are out there. Check sunkingdiscsports.com. I think that is where I got mine. It has the large Bee as a Ghost Stamp. Disc looks badass. Just gave it to a friend, and he loves it. I found it fairly overstable for a Buzzz, but nothing special, excepting the plastic.
KP