• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
Spinach D said:
This thread and the discontinuation of D Wasps casued me to pull out my Z, X and D Buzzz's again. Same result as always though. I do not like them. Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

How about a Roc? :wink:

Spinach D said:
Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

No need to apologize, those are the best things about the Buzzz. That extra speed means better performance at lower heights and more distance with less effort. This extra speed also comes without additional LSS, which is also nice. I also find planar straight shots to be the most predictable. I throw the Meteor when I want curvaceous. :wink:

The Buzzz does not occupy quite the same range as the Wasp/Roc. I would say my comfortable Buzzz range for a straight shot is about 280'-330', where with a Roc/Wasp it would be 220'-310'. I like to use my putters for that 220'-280' range where many throw Rocs/Wasps, so I don't hold it against my Buzzz that it is a little too much disc at those distances.

inthedrift said:
Spinach D said:
This thread and the discontinuation of D Wasps casued me to pull out my Z, X and D Buzzz's again. Same result as always though. I do not like them. Sorry. I think the problem is they are too planar and a hint too fast.

How about a Roc? :wink:

I have gone back and forth betweren Wasps and Rocs since the beginning and settled on the Wasps becuase they are slightly less glidely and more predicable, even when beat to understable. I got to have the Pro D though, so now it is back to Rocs (the reason I found out Pro D Wasps were discontinued was because a friends dog chewed my 2 main D Wasps up a few weeks ago).

I bought some new Rocs and was mostly dissapointed until someone borrowed me a glow Roc as leagues were getting dark. I threw it like a genius, so I went and got some glow Rocs. They are definatiely the best and most consistent (in-between domey and flat) Rocs I've had. I can tell they are going to wear nice and a little more quickly than the hard dx that is prevalent right now. I'll take an extra throw with it on each hole for the next couple of weeks and I should be in good shape for mids again. Enough hijacking the Buzzz thread.

Like so many things, it all depends on what you are used to. I'm sure I could get good at throwing the Buzzz but I have a ton of experience and a lot of confidence with Wasps/Rocs. If I did throw the Buzzz, it would likley carry a Z and X with most throws being X. The Z I have is very flat and very LSS. The D is beat to shit and but still not a good turnover disc (I'd rather throw a beat Magnet).

NoMoreTinCup said:
I am in posession of 2 new 177 Glo Z Buzzzes, with the large DISCRAFT stamp.
Working on my jedi mind tricks...

These are not the disc's you are looking for. Now go about your business(And send them to me).

NoMoreTinCup said:
BLURR said:
Glo Z Buzzz FTW!!!

I would like to try a Sparkle Z-Buzzz like the Sparkle Tsunami's.

I am in posession of 2 new 177 Glo Z Buzzzes, with the large DISCRAFT stamp. Have not thrown one yet, but perhaps tomorrow. As far as a Sparkle Z Buzzz, they are out there. Check sunkingdiscsports.com. I think that is where I got mine. It has the large Bee as a Ghost Stamp. Disc looks badass. Just gave it to a friend, and he loves it. I found it fairly overstable for a Buzzz, but nothing special, excepting the plastic.
KP

Are they table top flat like I want them to be???

In my collection, my first runs are the flattest. Midnight is next flattest, and these new ones are right there with the Midnights. Wish I had some pictures to post, because I have a Midnight w/silver stamp, and a Glo w/black stamp hangin' on the wall next to one another, and it is really cool, polar opposites and what not. Didn't get to throw today, so no flight review yet. Damn truck parts......... Anyways, they are pretty daggone flat, and I am pumped about tossing one.
Would not be surprised if the true "stock" runs come out a little domier, but that is just speculation.
KP

Man, Buzzzes are getting kicked around in the Roc Lovers Thread. One of the comments I read spoke about how Buzzzes were supposed to be good at low straight lines but that was about it. I have played side by side with some pretty good Roc throwers, and typically, even with a good bit of ribbing, there is usually some admission of "nice shot" betwixt one another about a particular line or throw. I watched a guy throw a DX Rancho Roc on a 390' anhyzer shot the hole way to the basket, then stepped up and did the same thing with a FLX Buzzz. Maybe it is just me, but I try not to bad mouth (with any seriousness) what the other guys are throwing. Here's to the mutual appreciation of watching discs fly. You ought to at least try the Buzzz (or Roc) before you blast it, yeah?
KP

Well you have to keep in mind the new buzzzes fly nothing like the old flat top buzzes

You can get new buzzzes with flat tops. Both of my new buzzz's are very flat and fly like every other older flat buzzz I ever had.

TeamTollandDG said:
The flatter ones are just a lot harder to find these days.

not around my parts, or at least not "...a lot harder to find..."

I like the FLX Buzzz. I not only use it for a short range diver and control approach.
I also use it for a putter. Very multi-purpose for me.
I feel the FLX Buzzz works so great is because it is flat.
Though I do like the Z Buzzz because of the lower air drag. They are able, it seems, to fly farther.

After throwing almost entirely Rocs for my long and illustrious DG career
(currently up to about 4 months of playing 'for reals')
I decided, on a whim, to pick up a Z Buzzz
(previously had been all Innova and Latitude, plus an Epic)

Only thrown it maybe ten times, but must say, I'm digging it!
The plastic feels very lively, especially compared to my similarly weighted Rocs
(2 in DX, 1 in KC Pro) though that liveliness may have contributed to it jumping out of two baskets already.
Pumped to be trying out 'the competition,' I'll check back in if/when I decide to pick up another
(mmm... glo)

I started with FLX and like the feel of them. I picked up a couple D's too to beat in lately. Tonight I just picked up a couple nice Z ones that I'm looking forward to throwing them this weekend. As I get better, I find myself tossing the Buzzz more and more (along with my Wizard). They fly straight as an arrow, are good BH and FH and all seem incredibly predictable. Probably the best overall disc in my bag.

I was out at Blue Ribbon a few weeks ago and took it out on 16, expecting to lay up a bit in front of the ravine and it glided right into it. Funny since I was too wussy to bring out my driver and go for since I was worried about it ending up in the water. Thankfully, I was on a nice little mud ledge.

After I have a chance to throw the Z I might change my mind but right now I like FLX the best. I don't really think it matters though, since the Buzzz is just awesome.

I'm having a hard time with the glow Buzzz...Its so good that I just took out my 2FR Buzzz that has been my primary mid for the past year (I've had a 2FR in my bag for the past 2.5 years). I still can't believe it, and since I was quite attached to that disc I'm feeling a little guilty...But discs don't have feelings and that glow Z flies so damn pretty. It flies like a seasoned Buzzz right out of the box...that means it holds pure to whatever line you put on it from midrange speeds and distances. It glides better than my 2FR (which drops faster) and flies better on turning shots. All around it is simply more versatile. I realized that I liked my 2FR because it was faster and longer than other Buzzzes, but with the Stalker in the bag I don't need to stretch my Buzzz shots like I used to. So the glow fits better into my lineup than my beloved 2FR (I'll still never sell any of these :wink: ).

One sort of negative regarding the glow Z...I absolutely blasted a tree right off the teepad on a hole I wouldn't usually throw a Buzzz on (I was trying it off every tee). It visibly bent down the wing on one side slightly. My Stalker looks like this as well, and like my Stalker it somehow did not affect the flight much if at all. I have tried the glow on all the lines I used the 2FR and it consistently flew truer and with less effort. I'm going to have to try and get some more heavy ones. This may be the best Buzzz to come out since the original...Something about that plastic.

The ever growing collection of Buzzzes in my house has yet another brother. After adding a DISCRAFT stamped glow model to the bag, I bought a 178 stock stamp yesterday. As yet unthrown, but that won't last. Played 9 holes match play BUZZZ v. Roc with a guy yesterday, and was hammering my GLO BUZZZ, even into 10-15mph headwinds. I am really liking this. Something about the way these molded up makes them as reliably overstable as the most stable Cryztal Z's, yet not as violently understable if I get too much on it.
Happiness is a bag full of Buzzzes.
I won 4&2.
Peace,
KP

I fondled a few of the bar stamped glo buzzes at the PIAS the other day and they make a man question his roc hood.