• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
I just ordered a Z Glo buzzz (along with some other goodies)

looking forward to getting it.

Frank Delicious said:
I fondled a few of the bar stamped glo buzzes at the PIAS the other day and they make a man question his roc hood.

:shock:
It can never hurt to try something new :idea: ...I bought an Eco Star San Marino when they came out, but it didn't stick.

I've been thinkin about pickin up a buzz for something a bit more stable than my comets. I recently got 2 rocs at a tourny and they are a LOT more overstable than I remember. They are already both traded off.

How do these glow Z's compare to a new Rancho?

dgdave said:
I've been thinkin about pickin up a buzz for something a bit more stable than my comets. I recently got 2 rocs at a tourny and they are a LOT more overstable than I remember. They are already both traded off.

How do these glow Z's compare to a new Rancho?

My glow Zs are not OVERstable, but they are very stable. Probably what you are looking for as they hold their angle of release very well and can cut in either direction harder and fly lower than a Comet. They do not have an overstable flare from a flat release like a new Rancho, but that Rancho flight can be easily mimicked by adding a slight touch of hyzer.

I just won a full color ESP buzz in a tourney, it's older ESP from the beginning of 08 and 175. What should I expect? I kinda want to throw it but I don't want to mess up the nice stamp unless it might work for me.

Also I don't hate the buzz I threw them for quite some time but they just didn't stick.

Frank Delicious said:
I just won a full color ESP buzz in a tourney, it's older ESP from the beginning of 08 and 175. What should I expect? I kinda want to throw it but I don't want to mess up the nice stamp unless it might work for me.

Also I don't hate the buzz I threw them for quite some time but they just didn't stick.

I've got a couple of those full color ESPs...mine are very stiff and 175-176. Strangely enough I never threw them despite getting a bit curious at times. I guess I just didn't want to like another rare Buzzz. I justified my 2FR Buzzz habit because they are so durable. I figured that even if I liked the FC ESP that it would break in too quick so I'd be tempted to stockpile. ESPs in general start out less HSS and of course break in and lose the HSS they have quicker than Zs. ESPs were in my bag when they came out, but then I took them to the old Red Hawk player's cup course and they got massacred by the crosswinds. This is when I went back to the Zs.

tested the full color buzz today in the field and have to say it's not bad. It goes dead straight with hardly any fade. With a little extra snap it will move right very late in it's flight which is useful. I like the Z buzz better though because it's easier to shape hyzer lines with.

Also willing to trade the full color if anyone wants it.

Frank Delicious said:
tested the full color buzz today in the field and have to say it's not bad. It goes dead straight with hardly any fade. With a little extra snap it will move right very late in it's flight which is useful. I like the Z buzz better though because it's easier to shape hyzer lines with.

Also willing to trade the full color if anyone wants it.

Thanks for testing one of the only Buzzz variants I have not. Those results are pretty much what I expected. I like my Buzzzes to have a HSS of 0 or at least -.5. My full colors are simply specimens in my Buzzz museum.

While I'm at it, here are some of the other specimens in the museum:
First run Buzzzes (3)
2 FR Buzzzes (6)
Sparkle Z w/bee ghost stamp
Midnight Buzzz
Sparkle Z Buzzz SS
Clear Z Buzzz (3 different, 1 trophy)
ESP Buzzz (FR ESP, later one with FLX mixed in, 1 trophy)
Z Buzzzes from about every year since FR
X Buzzz
Crystal Z Buzzz from the FR of Crystals

Frank Delicious said:
I lloved the plastic the Midnight buzzes were made out of; too bad they are freaking black.

I think it was the same plastic as the Storm I got when I joined the PDGA and the bottom stamped Crushes they made that were black. No non-black discs felt quite like those except for maybe Z Storms.

I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of my GLO Z buzzz.

unfortunately my home course closed for the winter already... even winter is a long ways off... :?

So I will have to go someplace else!

I just picked up a Buzzz on a whim. It was really stiff and flat. That's the main reason I got it because it felt so nice. This thing flies like a CE Leopard with a bit more fade. Snap it with a bit of hyzer and it goes straight with a nice fade. I pulled off two. Really nice, long turnovers in the 350-360 range.

I've got a stiff, yellow, opaque, 178g Buzzz that I got in a player's pack in May that I haven't even thrown yet. It feels like a good one....I've got a whole Buzzz army though. :lol:

Mines not opaque. I really want to find one of the opaque blue ones. What I'm really suprised about it that it flies for like a fairway driver than a mid.