• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
dgdave said:
Mines not opaque. I really want to find one of the opaque blue ones. What I'm really suprised about it that it flies for like a fairway driver than a mid.

When you bring it into your bag it changes your whole approach quite a bit, not to mention the other discs in your bag. You don't need as many fwy drivers (I only carry 2 fwy discs) and you need something that you can work on different lines <300' (I use the Meteor, have used Comet as well). This is what I was referring to on the Roc thread when I was asking about people throwing the Buzzz for a while and then going back to the Roc. Its probably why the Buzzz throws a monkey wrench into the minimalism philosophy a bit (Blake's distaste).

So I just picked up a buzzz a couple weeks ago and since then I've traded for Bar Stamps, Cryztals, Stock stamps, Sparkle, and 2 FR. Man, I wish I would have just gotten all stock stamped. Oh well.

dgdave said:
So I just picked up a buzzz a couple weeks ago and since then I've traded for Bar Stamps, Cryztals, Stock stamps, Sparkle, and 2 FR. Man, I wish I would have just gotten all stock stamped. Oh well.

Bar stamps = center stamp? and stock stamp the circle? Any of the flat buzzz!

JKP said:
dgdave said:

Bar stamps = center stamp? and stock stamp the circle? Any of the flat buzzz!

Yup. And so far all have been flat

Yea i have 2 opaque white flat, and thats where its at. But i havent tried a glow yet

I just got 4 more backup Glo Buzzzes bringing my total to a comfortable 6. These are great Buzzzes! The grippiest Z yet. As a bonus I just got a 2nd run WASP Buzzz tourney stamped from the Pittsburg Open back after losing it 1.5 years ago! Its been a hell of a Buzzz day!

discspeed said:
I just got 4 more backup Glo Buzzzes bringing my total to a comfortable 6. These are great Buzzzes! The grippiest Z yet. As a bonus I just got a 2nd run WASP Buzzz tourney stamped from the Pittsburg Open back after losing it 1.5 years ago! Its been a hell of a Buzzz day!

I had a yellow one of those Pittsburg Open buzzes back when I threw buzzes and it was my go to buzz for most shots that needed to finish straight or left. Good good disc. I traded to someone on here a couple of years ago.

discspeed said:

Sounds like the same glo plastic used on the proto glo stalkers

Flipflat said:
discspeed said:

Sounds like the same glo plastic used on the proto glo stalkers

Same exact plastic, but unlike the Stalkers, the Buzzzes came out FLAT.

I have 5 of the Drive Long and Prosper buzzzes and they are by far the Flattest buzzz I have ever had my hands on.

i voted for the X buzzz!

although i would use a Z Buzzz as well for just straight and durable.

sunspot said:
What weights are you all throwing?

I like a heavy Buzzz, but usually a little short of max...Like 176.5-177.5. Heavier than that and I feel like I have to throw it too hard. Right now my primary is 177.7, but the Glo Buzzzes glide exceptionally well compared to most. FRs are the same way.

I now have a stash of FR Glo Buzzzes for backups...I have 7 total now, all in my preferred weight range. This is great as now I'm not so worried about losing one. I've been carrying extra Buzzzes for water holes, etc. I love these Buzzzes. They've got exceptional glide and pretty good LSS for a Buzzz. I find them workable on more lines than my 2FRs. They are also very grippy for Z plastic. So far each one I have is the EXACT same shape and each I've thrown flies exactly the same. If you are a Buzzz enthusiast and have not tried one of these you are missing out. Best Buzzz since the FRs imo.

discspeed said:
One sort of negative regarding the glow Z...I absolutely blasted a tree right off the teepad on a hole I wouldn't usually throw a Buzzz on (I was trying it off every tee). It visibly bent down the wing on one side slightly.

As I figured would happen, my original Glo Buzzz has come back to shape 100% after every hit and is barely different than a new one.

Forgive much ignorance, but what's 2FR? And what's the difference between crystal Z and regular old Z?

josser said:
Forgive much ignorance, but what's 2FR? And what's the difference between crystal Z and regular old Z?

2FR = 2nd First Run. After the first 1.5 runs of Buzzzes they made a new mold piece because the FR mold produced a high number of discs with inverted flight plates. The new mold piece had a high sloped shoulder and fixed the problem, but resulted in less really flat Buzzzes and they did not fly quite the same or support the same plastic mixture. People who fell in love with the first runs started seeking out those early Buzzzes because the new ones didn't fly exactly the same. This produced Discraft's first and still its only vintage disc that has a high value. The telltale sign of a First Run or 2nd First Run Buzzz is that the raised lettering on the inside of the rim says "WASP" instead of "BUZZZ" because the original Buzzz used the Wasp core part of the mold.

In 2006 Discraft pulled out the old mold and produced a run with newer plastic as a fundraiser for The Player's Cup. Since they used the FR mold, they called these 2nd First Runs.

The difference between Crystal Z and Z is that it is a slightly different plastic blend. Original Z's and the rest of the early Z BUzzzes were mostly opaque, so when they came up with a clear formula they called in Crystal Z and sold them as fundraisers.

Personally I find Crystal Z's to start out as some of the most overstable Buzzzes, but I don't think the plastic holds its stability as long as normal Zs. Z BUzzzes themselves have been made out of several clear and opaque plastic blends over the years.