• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
Triplebogey said:
Does anyone here have experience with te Buzzz-GT??

How do they fly different from a standard Elite-X? if at all.

I'm considering switching over to Buzzzs from the Cro, but all that I have is 3 168g Buzzz-GT X-outs that got for $4 each.

I didn't include the Buzzz GT on the list because I forgot about it, but I don't really consider it a Buzzz. The GT top kills the glide and HSS of the Buzzz, so what you're left with is a shorter, flippier Buzzz. I've known intermediate players that like to approach with it.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
While were talking about buzzzes, why not the Pro-D? I understand they are going to beat in and all but what is the flight like? I noticed that there is a pro on the Dcraft page that only throws them in Pro-D?

I posted my review of the Pro D a couple pages back:

The Pro D Buzzz is one of my least favorites. Brand new Z vs. D on a 300' straight shot: Thrown exactly the same (I took 20 Buzzzes to the field last night, so my release was dialed in)...Flat/slight hyzer release--The Z seemed to glide straight and slow for a long time before dropping down 6" from my target. It didn't seem to lose altitude until the last 10% of its flight, after which it dropped dead. The Pro D (both were Z & D were 177) came out of my hand similarly, but it started dropping about 50% through the flight and continued a slow descent ending 20' short of my target. The D also started fading slightly left as it dropped, where the Z held straight. I repeated this a couple times, results were always the same. If I got on the D a little more to compensate for the drop, it turned over slightly and didn't fade.

Conclusion? Pro D sucks. I imagine if it were beat a little it would fly better, but still not as well as the Z.

After throwing all of the Buzzzes on the list, I have to disagree with the FLX gliding better than the Z. I've compared them side to side and my 2FR Zs glide farther than the FLX with the same throw every time. Standard Z Buzzzes go farther as well. The FLX Buzzz must be thrown harder to work and when it loses speed it dies immediately, where stiffer Buzzzes keep going forward.

Maybe it is just the Z that I have (Orange, max weight if that makes any difference). I find my Z to be a little slower and requires more power than my FLX. I will easily chalk it my style and or particular discs/wear. My Z holds a better hyzer line but I usually do not trust it for anything over 250 feet. I can push my FLX out to 300-320 with confidence as long as there is no crosswinds.

Scott

smarkquart said:
After throwing all of the Buzzzes on the list, I have to disagree with the FLX gliding better than the Z. I've compared them side to side and my 2FR Zs glide farther than the FLX with the same throw every time. Standard Z Buzzzes go farther as well. The FLX Buzzz must be thrown harder to work and when it loses speed it dies immediately, where stiffer Buzzzes keep going forward.

Maybe it is just the Z that I have (Orange, max weight if that makes any difference). I find my Z to be a little slower and requires more power than my FLX. I will easily chalk it my style and or particular discs/wear. My Z holds a better hyzer line but I usually do not trust it for anything over 250 feet. I can push my FLX out to 300-320 with confidence as long as there is no crosswinds.

Scott
:?: Over 250' is where my Z Buzzzes excel for me, they're very forgiving and predictable. I haven't thrown a FLX Buzzz, so I'm not saying your wrong, but it's hard for me to imagine getting more predictability out of a FLX disc than Z, especially in a mold like the Buzzz. Maybe you're talking better range control with the FLX?

EDIT: After reading your post again, maybe you're talking about trusting your Z to go more than 250'. If that's the case, I'm guessing that your increased distance with the FLX has more to do with the lines you're throwing due to the FLX's wear (like you said) than it does with the comparative glide of the discs.

discspeed said:
Tossin' in Memphis said:
While were talking about buzzzes, why not the Pro-D? I understand they are going to beat in and all but what is the flight like? I noticed that there is a pro on the Dcraft page that only throws them in Pro-D?

I posted my review of the Pro D a couple pages back:

The Pro D Buzzz is one of my least favorites. Brand new Z vs. D on a 300' straight shot: Thrown exactly the same (I took 20 Buzzzes to the field last night, so my release was dialed in)...Flat/slight hyzer release--The Z seemed to glide straight and slow for a long time before dropping down 6" from my target. It didn't seem to lose altitude until the last 10% of its flight, after which it dropped dead. The Pro D (both were Z & D were 177) came out of my hand similarly, but it started dropping about 50% through the flight and continued a slow descent ending 20' short of my target. The D also started fading slightly left as it dropped, where the Z held straight. I repeated this a couple times, results were always the same. If I got on the D a little more to compensate for the drop, it turned over slightly and didn't fade.

Conclusion? Pro D sucks. I imagine if it were beat a little it would fly better, but still not as well as the Z.

I noticed the same thing with the Pro-D lacking glide *when new*. Suprising since ive always been under the impression that DX/Pro-D tends to glide better. Anyways now that my 177g its nicely broken in it glides very nice, maybe even better than the Z. Of course it is only good for turnovers at this point (not a bad thing).

I carry two Zs (second or third run-Wasp inside rim and a newer Z) and an ESP. The ESP is pretty beat, but still holds whatever line I put it on.

:?: Over 250' is where my Z Buzzzes excel for me, they're very forgiving and predictable. I haven't thrown a FLX Buzzz, so I'm not saying your wrong, but it's hard for me to imagine getting more predictability out of a FLX disc than Z, especially in a mold like the Buzzz. Maybe you're talking better range control with the FLX?

EDIT: After reading your post again, maybe you're talking about trusting your Z to go more than 250'. If that's the case, I'm guessing that your increased distance with the FLX has more to do with the lines you're throwing due to the FLX's wear (like you said) than it does with the comparative glide of the discs.

It must be the Z Buzzz I have and or the trust I have in it. I used to use the Z for anything 250' and under. It never drove well but was fantastic for anything that required finesse, especially anything that required a soft hyzer. I even used the Z for putting. Whenever I get into a selling mood and offer up almost everything I own so I can go nuts and buy new things, I will never part with this Z Buzzz because of how reliable it was in my short game.

However, I have switched over to using a Drone and Meteor mix for my under 300' short game and I have found they do about 99% of my shots in this range.

I now use my FLX Buzzz for soft, slow drives that require a ton of control (especially slow bootlegs to the right) and for control tomahawks at 180-240'. I think this is where all my comments about FLX come from. It is a matter of trust and that is what affects my game. The rubbery feel of the plastic gives me a more confident grip, I feel that I will get a more consistent release from the plastic and thus can put more power and snap into it. Time and again, and blame it on my grip, I have experienced early releases from Elite Z and Champion plastic because of how slick they feel and thus on occasion I have over-compensated and get a horrible case of the griplocks. I have put my Boss, Riot, Z Surge, and Striker out to 400 feet a few times but my most consistent disc over the last two years has been a FLX Surge that time and again has been on target at 340'.

Scott

discspeed said:
Triplebogey said:
Does anyone here have experience with te Buzzz-GT??

How do they fly different from a standard Elite-X? if at all.

I'm considering switching over to Buzzzs from the Cro, but all that I have is 3 168g Buzzz-GT X-outs that got for $4 each.

I didn't include the Buzzz GT on the list because I forgot about it, but I don't really consider it a Buzzz. The GT top kills the glide and HSS of the Buzzz, so what you're left with is a shorter, flippier Buzzz. I've known intermediate players that like to approach with it.

That's been my experience with the Banger-GT. It's almost like a Wizard except with the grove top. It has shat for glide too.

My new opaque, stiff, flat, blue, 177g Z Buzzz is a beautiful disc. It feels more like a 1st run than any run I've felt since 2004 and it flies like an overstable FR. It has great glide and a more predictable fade than any other Buzzz I have. Its great to have a Buzzz like like for confidence in the wind and on longer shots. Compliments to Discraft for making the Buzzz in great new Z blends!

DiscGolfDan said:
ummmmm DX Roc

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

discspeed said:
My new opaque, stiff, flat, blue, 177g Z Buzzz is a beautiful disc. It feels more like a 1st run than any run I've felt since 2004 and it flies like an overstable FR. It has great glide and a more predictable fade than any other Buzzz I have. Its great to have a Buzzz like like for confidence in the wind and on longer shots. Compliments to Discraft for making the Buzzz in great new Z blends!

Would this be with the new Z circle stamp? I have yet to try one but am now itching to pick one up.

adidadg said:
discspeed said:

Would this be with the new Z circle stamp? I have yet to try one but am now itching to pick one up.

It would be...if it didn't have a tourney stamp on it. Definetely one of the new ones.

discspeed said:
If your favorite Buzzz is a Roc, well, that means you're a CRACKHEAD! :mrgreen:

Put the rock down man...take some Xanax, get some sleep!

supercolor buzzz yo! standard supercolor with the drawing.
as long as it's flat, it's the best. (i recently got one that ever-so-slightly has a dome, and i don't like how understable it is when thrown with speed.)

outside of supercolor, i'll take the flx or esp. maybe it's just me, but the Z has too much LSS

discspeed said:
That's interesting. I haven't thrown a Buzzz GT, so I can't make any comparisons myself, but I didn't expect it to be so easily dismissible compared to a normal mold Buzzz. I say this because not long after the GT version was released, a pro from out of town came visiting a friend of mine, and he was throwing the ESPs like 350 on a rope whenever he wanted. Since then I really haven't seen them thrown much so that's all I had to go on.