• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

• Total voters
Don't think they're going to do a true lid, ever. They claimed the Envy was "lid-like", and that's probably as close to a lid as it's going to get.

the brothers are probably throwing some prototype already, probably not even planned for production but I don't doubt they have done something weird. I mean hell they overmolded a TeeBird so a Lid isn't out of the question at all just not really something there is a huge market for either which I understand. Then again, if they went ultimate route that would be crazy.

the brothers are probably throwing some prototype already, probably not even planned for production but I don't doubt they have done something weird. I mean hell they overmolded a TeeBird so a Lid isn't out of the question at all just not really something there is a huge market for either which I understand. Then again, if they went ultimate route that would be crazy.

Ultimate could be a legit market for them. Lot of younger dudes who aren't as scared of change as disc golfers. Plus, you get the overmold a hair grippier and it would be a dream to catch.

Don't hold your breath, AIM. Lids aren't in high demand and MVP has some filling out of the lineup and plastics to take care of before that ever happens. Again, IMO.

what is weird though every time I go to PAIS there a new bridies, polecats etc.. I bought both discs myself when starting out and think a lot of players would benefit from some which actually held up well in a premium plastic. Innova has put a lot of molds OOP but the birdie and polecat don't seem to be on the chopping block at all.

Lids aren't in high demand in the disc golf world, but isn't there a possibility that if they made a great Lid that was less Condor and more Ultrastar that people got throwing it would be potentially big news in the overall disc world, if not really the disc golf scene?

what is weird though every time I go to PAIS there a new bridies, polecats etc.. I bought both discs myself when starting out and think a lot of players would benefit from some which actually held up well in a premium plastic. Innova has put a lot of molds OOP but the birdie and polecat don't seem to be on the chopping block at all.

Someone at that PIAS is either a fool, or he's ordering off some old Innova order form. I don't see anyone using them, and you certainly don't see Pro's playing tournaments with lids in their bags.

tumblr_inline_nwotklL0cb1r3f23x_500.gif

Bring on a full sized icon mini or somethingggg.

52% is enough to win an election its enough votes to make a damn lid.

Plasma plastic too OMG. Make a crazy soft version and harder. Mmm!

Last edited:
Step 1: glue washers to the inside of a super light polecat until it is ~170g
Step 2: Get video of flight and send to MVP (or Axiom)
Step 3: ????
Step 4: PROFIT

So would a Gyro Polecat be the straightest P/A disc on the market?