• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your FAVE Course Signage???

We all have seen the likes of nothing in signs to greatness and originality. Wondering what your fave signs are, maybe even links to pics.

This little college course in Cleveland, WI has one of my fave and what I consider some of the best signage around.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=1498&mode=gal#

view_image.php

That is probably the best course signage I have seen...I especially like how hole #3 is sponsored by 'Thrivent Financial for Lutherans,' I wonder if they would consider adding any Jews or Catholics to their client listing:)

The signs I designed for Tank Run

These are the signs i designed for the course i designed

Attachments

• Tee sign 9.jpg
    Tee sign 9.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Tee sign 7.jpg
    Tee sign 7.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 90
Hey, I believe you meant to put "right-of-way" not "right away". Other than that, very cool and creative.
The "right of way" slipped past me on that version. Too many hours staring at the monitor:eek:. Also changed the text color on the "A" and "B" pin circles to black for better contrast. The Amateur "TEE" text in the red box on the left is not blurred in the original resolution. Still need to walk the course with a printed draft to notate the specific "Middle of the fairway" tree locations.

Elon in Charlotte was designed for kids and families. The holes are short, and there is only one placement per hole. This allowed us to do something fun with the signs -- art students from nearby schools designed artwork for the tee signs. We laminate the art and put it behind plexi. The frames allow us to swap out the art several times a year. This project has created a positive and well-received tie-in with the youth of the area.

The first set of art was done by 5th graders, and featured random nature stuff:
hole1-1.jpg

hole7-1.jpg

The next set was by the high school Graphic Design class, and featured their interpretation of the hole number.
hole2-2.jpg

hole4-2.jpg

cool idea with the kids art. a good "grass roots" type thing that will help the sport grow.

As for my favorite, Highland Park in IL had some great signs. I was there in a group of 4 guys that had never played there before and the signs made it easy to find the pin and know where to throw the first time through. The maps were very accurate. They also had named the holes after people that had helped put the course together, which I though was kind of clever. Stuff like "Debby's Drop" and things like that (I made that one up, but you get the idea.)

Those were really cool. What a great way to get kids involved and grow the sport. You know the parents are going to go out there with the kids to see the art work. Also, that would make a great local news story about disc golf.

Elon in Charlotte was designed for kids and families. The holes are short, and there is only one placement per hole. This allowed us to do something fun with the signs -- art students from nearby schools designed artwork for the tee signs. We laminate the art and put it behind plexi. The frames allow us to swap out the art several times a year. This project has created a positive and well-received tie-in with the youth of the area.

GREAT IDEA!!! Neat stuff, and a great way to let kids know they are part of the community, and that their contibutions are meaningful!

I also like the idea of naming the holes - just adds to the fun.

Last edited:
You know what, I am surprised that Rankin Lake hasn't been brought up yet, they only have these signs on the front 9 but they are amazing. I did not really read them when I played but I was thinking about them and started really looking and wow, tips and tricks...pretty cool:
layouthole3.jpg

Website with signs and pics of front 9:
http://www.gastondiscgolf.com/club/Courses/tabid/56/Default.aspx

What is that long black thing in the picture just to the left? Looks like a giant turd on the course or or a big snake that will get you if you get too close.:eek:

I remember really liking the signs at Castle Hayne, NC. Timber, those new signs for Burke Lake look great!

A-a, A-b, B-a, B-b, with some kind of color pattern involved... yeah that's pretty confusing. I wish y'all had figured out a different way to mark things. Otherwise they're really nice signs.

Killer

These are the signs i designed for the course i designed

Awesome

Here's my latest draft of the signs I am making for Burke Lake

Wicked

dunno how the a-b thing is confusing but ok. The black is a building, not a tar pit, lol. A and B are tee pads, a and b are pin locations ><.

Latest posts