• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 abnormal disc that is a must have in the bag

Nothing too crazy but I get teased with my ESP comet, 10x beat to crap kc pro cheetah which is a roller disc and when I say roller disc that means I actually do throw some rollers with it, unlike a lot of people who do in the bag videos and say they have a roller disc but never throw rollers haha. When it comes to drivers my jk pro valk is probably funny to some guys out there because it has a womans name on it and then of course the ever not popular but glidey and easy to throw discraft flash!

Aerobie Arrow.

It's not currently in the bag, but I want to put it back in. It's the only putter I can FH cleanly. It's great to have near water as well.

Oof...I don't feel so bad about my Blunt Gumbputt [for long spike hyzers] now. ;)

I have been trying (because a friend recommended it) a 10 Meter Brick. I use it for short overhand get out of trouble shots that need to flop and stop. It does not generally roll at all and will just flip over and stop.

Not uncommon (to me at least), but I get some surprising comments when I pull out a DX Cobra.
"Man, that's old school!" :confused:

You guys will laugh at me but a disc I couldn't live with out is my Discraft Zeppelin (aka 2011 ace race disc that didn't get put into production). It is great for approaches and low wind upshots. I even aced on a 280 foot hole with it the other day. Too bad it was on my second drive :wall:

>ace
>second drive

Pick one

Superhero. I probably use it less than once a round, but I'm damn glad I have it when I need it to get out of trouble.

Aerobie Arrow.

It's not currently in the bag, but I want to put it back in. It's the only putter I can FH cleanly. It's great to have near water as well.

Ditto. In spades. And since it IS my putter (and thus virtually every shot inside of 170' is played with it), kind of indispensible.

Karl

Polecat, for all the reasons tbird888 said.

The Sonic because it is old school and will fly on old school lines.

Mamba because it is stupid understable and will give you a wacky line even if you can only move your arm 6 inches.

Condor for all kinds of weird roller shots and because it is the most forgiving disc to throw FH.

I don't necessarily carry all of these at the same time. I do normally carry the Polecat and the Mamba.

I'll go with Stratus. It's saved my bacon many times when I've needed to get out of trouble on an anny line.

I also carry a Flywood midrange. It's a normal-flying mid, but makes the coolest sounds when it hits trees (often) or chains (rarely).

The lightning HX2 is a very reliable Fairway driver for me. Works well on tunnel shots and just feels comfortable

In my opinion the Innova DX XD is a must have. It is the perfect turnover putter/ short midrange.

X-link ridge for when you need a disc to feel like a disc (unlike the blowfly) and flop. Spike hyzers jump puts, upshots where a bad kick can send you OB... side hill baskets...

The least common disc in my bag is the Star Aviar Driver, and those are my only putters. They do it all though, I have a beat one that will turn or go straight and I putt inside the circle with, then a new one that will fade and I use for jump putts and long drives. It's a great putter and I like the star plastic because it doesn't bend like rubber (r-pro) and it's not rock hard (KC pro) and still has some gripiness in it.

The most uncommon thing I carry is a DX Polecat for straight drives and approaches. I dont feel like Polecats are that uncommon though.

1 abnormal disc that is a must have in the bag

Great question. Mine may be the most abnormal of all. A base plastic, 5/10 Ching Sniper. An extraordinary flick-to-flat-or-over, get-outa-trouble or lazer-straight approach disc. Had no idea how useful it would be when I found it for $3 in a used bin.

I think JDub should list the abnormal disc in his bag. The old timer still throws Whamos.

For me the odd disc that's in my bag on a consistent basis is an old school Rubber Putter. Back in the day the RPs actually contained rubber unlike the modern day RP. I throw it well most days and have made memorable shots with it over the years.

Just 1? That's tough... sort of.

I won't go out without my Flywood Log. By far my favorite putter ever. It certainly isn't "normal".

It hasn't been in my bag in two years, but I was throwing a Ching Oracle for a long while.

(understable mid)
chingpwroracle.jpg