• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 abnormal disc that is a must have in the bag

Not sure about on here but locally for me its a Discraft Zone. Never use it as putter unless its a tap in shot, but it gets me out of trouble alot. Great utility disc for FH upshots/approaches and BH windy situations.

136g Blizzard Boss because it floats. It is in the bag for those big water shots, but I cannot remember the last time I have used it. I am normally not scared by water because the second I hesitate about making it over the water, that is the second I guarantee I am going in it. Yet there is still a comfort in knowing that I have it in the bag.

I guess my GL Trident would qualify. I don't leave home without it for short range flicks! The shape and feel of a driver with the speed and control of a mid.

Not sure about on here but locally for me its a Discraft Zone. Never use it as putter unless its a tap in shot, but it gets me out of trouble alot. Great utility disc for FH upshots/approaches and BH windy situations.

I carry 3 zones. I have it in 3 plastics, and love it for forehand approaches.

I do carry 2 really weird discs though. I carry an Epic for tomahawks which works surprisingly well for me. I also have a 10 Meter Brick, I don't putt with it but I occasionally use it for escape shots on slopes to absolutely ensure the disc does not roll.

I don't use my z stalker much but i always keep it in the bag. Whenever i have no idea what to do or throw i bring that thing out for some reason and it gets the job done most times. if it doesn't than it was my stupid weird throw not the disc.

My Gumputt Blunt Blowfly. Shot hyzer spike flops, and stick to the ground better than a Rhino. Floats as well, it have been rescued several times.

I use a Innova Pro Pig for the same thing, if it gets over 20mph wind it gets rotated in for putting over my Wizards, but always in the bag for utility shots, short spikes and forehands. I wish Innova would do a run in the KC Pro blend or champ, the Pro is nice (got it from a friend before they found that extra stash, no way I would pay retail price for OOP), but it's starting to lose stability.

Hammerhead.

It's great for smashing your way outta the **** and long putts. Short lay ups or short ace run holes where lots of guys will throw a putter I like to throw the Hammerhead.

i used to keep a 180 DX Shark in my bag that i threw in my parents backyad and broke a window. the disc had parts of glass in it and was used for overhand throws over the woods

I also have a Dx XD in my bag at all times, but I dont think its Abby Normal at all.

Wierd would be a guy with a new Grip bag, with custom pulls, filled with only Wham-O discs. Like 5 of each color, "S" driver,Turnover, Super Turn, Midrange, and Putter, in various weights and stages of beatness.
THAT would be weird.

Zephyr and apparently, from this thread, the mamba.

Use to throw juju, oracle, and genesis. The genesis is my favorite overhand disc I've ever thrown actually, but a friend lost it and since I don't overhand much never replaced it.

Latest posts