• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

100ft from the basket. What do you do?

What do you do when you're 100ft from the basket?

• Throw a putter straight at it to lay up

Votes: 106 32.9%
  • Throw a midrange straight at it to lay up

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it with your putter

Votes: 119 37.0%
  • Go for it with your midrange

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it hard with a driver

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Take a big hyzer line with your putter

Votes: 40 12.4%

• Total voters
Depends on the type of shot need but odds are i would either use my voodoo or wizard.... I would use my voodoo to go for it and my SSS Wizard would be the lay-up shot but 8 times outta 10 i would lay-up

Last edited:
i answered the poll assuming your in a field or very open fairway; casual round ill go for it with a nice little bit of anhyzer so contact with the basket is made right between the initial flight path and the fade. tourny/competitive id think layup first, possibly making it in the process - but if i miss its DEFINITELY short. stance/flight path [for competitive] depends upon incline/decline, obstacles, etc.

At 100 feet, no obstacles, and no downhill or creek behind it, I go for it. I can hit the 20 footer coming back. I'm often short though at that distance, which is fine, as it then skids up for a drop in putt. I mean, how many 100 footers am I going to hit a year? Maybe 2 or 3.

But a mid? No. I don't pull out a mid until at least a 200 footer, unless there is a low ceiling and I need more glide, or an obstacle I need to make a sharp curve around.

I throw my soft Ion with a slight hyzer. I almost always overshoot a bit, but the Ion doesn't skip or roll very often.

Latest posts