• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

10KLDG - Minnesota Disc Golfers Unite

Playing overnight at the Winter Carnival, likely arriving around 3pm so I can throw some of the holes that will be pulled after dark, and then staying for a full round on Sunday.

I am going to be very disappointed if the Mulligan Stew is held on March 17th (St. Patty's Day). It is the only Saturday in the month I could not make work (Cub Scout Aventure).

So, both of my monthly Am Leagues are starting up in March. I will be posting in another thread about that because I will be looking for more higher up Ams to play this year.

I have not paid for yet but will play in the Majestic in June.

Playing overnight at the Winter Carnival, likely arriving around 3pm so I can throw some of the holes that will be pulled after dark, and then staying for a full round on Sunday.

I am going to be very disappointed if the Mulligan Stew is held on March 17th (St. Patty's Day). It is the only Saturday in the month I could not make work (Cub Scout Aventure).

So, both of my monthly Am Leagues are starting up in March. I will be posting in another thread about that because I will be looking for more higher up Ams to play this year.

I have not paid for yet but will play in the Majestic in June.

I'd be interested in the league.

As for the Majestic, I'm not going to be able to play in it. It requites too much time off from work. I'm sure I'll spectate on the final day tho!

Oddly enough if a lot more upper level players came out for the league scott is talking about, it would probably dampen my enthusiasm for it.

Like I'm not that good, I enjoy the sport and keep trying to improve, but if there were more than 1-2 people who consistently showed up that I have barely a hope of beating then it would make me less inclined to play. Making an effort to show up and get my ass kicked isn't something I am interested in.

Right now I know I can show up and hang with anybody there on average except Scott and Justin.

If Scott and Justin became another 5-6 players I would not enjoy that I don't think. Since we really don't split divisions I would end up with a bunch of losses in single player matches, and even on the 2nd level card potentially.

Oddly enough if a lot more upper level players came out for the league scott is talking about, it would probably dampen my enthusiasm for it.

Like I'm not that good, I enjoy the sport and keep trying to improve, but if there were more than 1-2 people who consistently showed up that I have barely a hope of beating then it would make me less inclined to play. Making an effort to show up and get my ass kicked isn't something I am interested in.

Right now I know I can show up and hang with anybody there on average except Scott and Justin.

If Scott and Justin became another 5-6 players I would not enjoy that I don't think. Since we really don't split divisions I would end up with a bunch of losses in single player matches, and even on the 2nd level card potentially.

AMATEUR Garrett, we are looking for am. Maybe I should better clarify, we are looking for players who at least know which direction a disc should fly and are not just hucking it. Most importantly, we are looking for the type of players who know which direction a disc should fly, constantly hit trees like the rest of us, but know how to have a good time about it.

I agree, though, our league is about having fun and not being slaughtered by skilled players that the rest of us could never hope to be half as good as.

Still interested :thmbup:

Awesome.

March 24th

Wabun Park

10am

This is our preseason event where we discuss the rules, scoring, fees, schedule, and whatnot of the league.

The next event (in which you should have already played your three head to head matches) will be April 14th at Oakwood. The annual road trip is going to be in August at Highbridge. We are also going to push for an early date in August for our second annual Discraft Ace Race. Most likely it will be in Becker again because we had such a positive experience last year.

On a golf course!

I know. That was what so shocked me. There is a line of trees on the right side with the basket at 340ish on the left. A line-drive drive should completely avoid those trees. Instead I got it into my head that it would be better to power down my Sword or TeeBird than to power up a mid (probably because of the mild headwind). I ended up sweeping too far out right on what were supposed to be soft hyzers. Everyone else was pulling in 2s and 3s and I think I was getting 4s and 5s because at that point I was getting frustrated, could not put an upshot back with putting range, and then of course missed a putt or two.

I think I did this twice during our practice rounds and once during the Shoot Out.

If I'm drinking alone I'm an alcoholic. If I'm drinking with friends then its just a party. So I always come with the party :)

Latest posts