• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

10KLDG - Minnesota Disc Golfers Unite

I take it this is last year's "Wisconsin Amateur Championships" had a great time last year. I have every intention of attending this year (80% in). Of the tourneys I attended last year I'd place this #3 (after BG Ams and Am Nats), good people, good food, good beer, good camping and night golf right at the course, along with a bon fire and fireworks. Yup, it's worth it.

Do you have anything better going on that weekend?

I know you were not talking to me, but here it stands:

BALRODG league event on April 14th
MDGA league event on April 22nd
Baylor / Crown College GGGT tournament on April 21st
Celebrating my daughter's birthday some time during the weekend of April 28-29th.

I have a lot of cub scout activities and other children related plans for most of April's mid-week days, so what days I have not already penciled in for disc golf is going to be down time with the family.

That tournament sounds like fun though.

Anyone going to the 8th Annual Klondike Winter Challenge this Sunday at Axldog? I'll be there with Alex Aaron (MyThrow) to help videoing and picturing. I'll have a box full of (almost) MVP's full line for people to try if they want. Only disc I don't have from them right now is an Eclipse Axis. Other than that I have it all and am willing to let people give them a go! Also, if I can get time to throw during this next week, if anyone wants to try before you buy the new Soft Anodes before they hit the shelves I'd be willing to do this.

Not a single day under 50 in the 7-day forecast...
funny-gifs-sometimes-you-just-gotta-dance.gif

It's already muddy. South metro has practically no snow so it's going to dry out fast hopefully.

I know I played Acorn at 6:45am yesterday and it was a skating rink... I then played Highland at 1:00pm and it was mud fest. It should dry out quick but we need rain bad...

Just got done playing Sunnyside and I was really disappointed. Ice EVERYWHERE, especially under the baskets so laying up was impossible because you would skate right by it. Holes 1-8 teepads were acceptable but Hole 9's tee was unplayable. Someone got at the course with a chainsaw and completely altered the course. What a shame. Hole 3 no longer has the tall, mature trees guarding the front of the basket. It is now just a wide open 180 foot shot. One tree protecting Hole 6 is gone, the one with a low branch just in front of the basket. A tree has been bent over Hole 4, framing it, but it looked like it was done by thugs. An alley was been created for Hole 7, not necessarily a bad thing, but has completely changed the complexion of the hole as you can now go straight at the basket with a putter.

I am heading to Plymouth Creek tomorrow morning (8:30). Since it will not be that warm yet, my guess the mud was still be at a minimum.

Next Sunday, the 18th, we are having our Motley League at Wabun at 2pm. My guess is that will be a slopfest. Motley only meets once a month on Sundays, at a different course each time, and only plays by fun rules. This time around we are playing putters only. Bring your towel.

kaposia today anybody?

After looking at my calendar, I am sadly booked solidy until mid-June.

We have some big tournaments and league dates coming up. I am not sure when I will be able to get out to just play. I just posted a video course guide for Elm Creek, very amateurish, but still fun to make and edit. I am hoping to do the same for The Valley early June.

Anyone want to throw Kaposia tonight... I will be there around 5:30pm

Wouldn't be surprised if it is still going on. 118 players, it's gotta be super slow. Would have played if I didn't have to work. Definitely going to the players party at B52 tonight tho!

Latest posts