• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2-day Lake Michigan Circle Tour

Not being negative, my man. It's just that I've played all those courses, and know how long they take.

So our road trip is next weekend. I will have plastic to sell for our trip with us. Our approximate play schedule is:

Silver Creek 7-9
Winter 10-12
Rollin 1-3
Standing Rocks 5-7

Hoping to see some of a few of you out there.
I witnessed B3nder leave three beers on the the 1st tee at Lincoln Ridge in Cincinnati and back track from the 3rd tee to retrieve them. Hopefully he'll be more cognizant of the time constraints on this trip. :|

I witnessed B3nder leave three beers on the the 1st tee at Lincoln Ridge in Cincinnati and back track from the 3rd tee to retrieve them. Hopefully he'll be more cognizant of the time constraints on this trip. :|

Hey now, it was only two. And in my defense, I remember yelling up to see if anyone saw beers and hearing nothing back. And my second point of defense, I was already about 5 beers in that day....

I just realized that's less of an excuse, and more of a sign. :doh:

Thanks Dan. :D

I keep telling him it won't happen, but I guess we'll see.

I should be at Silver Creek by 7 to meet you guys. If you stay on schedule, I'll play through RR, then probably stay there and play a tougher layout. You're really cheating yourselves by playing only shorts. I'd dump Standing Rocks and just play the first three.

BTW, 2 hours at Winter Park is uber-aggressive. The two person rounds I've played there take closer to three hours.

I am NOT opposed to this idea at all, but I am the designated drunk not the driver.:D

Talked everything over with the wife, and I'm definitely in. Looks like I"m going to meet HC at Rollin' Ridge, and then we're going to jump in my car and drive to Winter Park and meet you guys there. We'll probably play a few holes and just run back down to 1 when you get there.

I kinda get a free pass, being my 40th bday and all.

Talked everything over with the wife, and I'm definitely in. Looks like I"m going to meet HC at Rollin' Ridge, and then we're going to jump in my car and drive to Winter Park and meet you guys there. We'll probably play a few holes and just run back down to 1 when you get there.

I kinda get a free pass, being my 40th bday and all.

is there cell service at winter?

I get service at WP just fine that I can recall but when I am there I not really paying attention to my phone and I usually play WP 5 plus times a year. You still gonna need my assistance guiding?? Sounds like your gonna be 4 deep and Winter which starts to push the round to 3 and a half hours.

My reviews are trickling out as my 8 month old is just crawling... I'll talk about the trip once my reviews are out... Sorry to keep everyone waiting.

gotta love writing thorough high rated reviews only to have ass holes (most likely the same ones) give them thumbs down...

gotta love writing thorough high rated reviews only to have ass holes (most likely the same ones) give them thumbs down...

Meh, comes with the territory? :\ :shrugsmiley:

Only had the time to read the Sandy Point one...seems legit and got an "up" out of me.

How was the actual trip? Curious if you were able to keep that tight schedule and how you liked the courses...

the trip itself was great.
we started silver creek at 545am, finished about 845am Loved this course with a passion. such a beautiful piece of property.
got to winter park at about 10 and waited for shuie until 1030. wasn't a huge fan of winter park. see my review for explaination.
got to rollin ridge at about 2 and finished the round at 5:30. would have went faster if we weren't in a 5 some.
standing rocks was a partial play, we didn't get there until almost 8pm so it was dark pretty quickly. this is why I haven't reviewed yet.

second day was a late start due to the torrential downpours overnight and in the am. we didn't get to sandy point until almost 930 and didn't leave until 12.
The tailings is amazing, always is, always will be.
and city park in iron mountain is worth the play if you're already in iron river kind of a surprise

all in all we played some epic courses with some new folks and had a great time

so, we missed out on part of standing rocks and both milwaukee courses...