• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2-day Lake Michigan Circle Tour

The long, open hole at Rollin' Ridge, that seems out of place; is actually a good scoring separator. Besides that, when the long tee, which is not finished yet, but has seen solid movement forward this year, is done.... (wait for it....)

You will shoot through a water fall!

gotta love writing thorough high rated reviews only to have ass holes (most likely the same ones) give them thumbs down...

I read through your reviews... they seemed fine to me. I'm sure you've given out some thumbs down now and then. I haven't done as many reviews as I'd like but I did get one thumbs down that had me completely stumped as to why... but "Deal with it" bro... watcha gonna do otherwise?

(wait for it....)

You will shoot through a water fall!

Wow... just wow! Rollin Ridge really does deliver... easily a top course that I've ever played and that was, what, ummm two years ago now(?)... I keep hearing about the improvements they are making and it was stellar when I was there... that bridge work with the teepad in it is amazing!

How many holes you play at Standing Rocks, and do you feel that it's enough to have an honest appreciation for the course?

Interesting take on Winter Park. I'm not sure I've heard Winter called WIB to the extreme, especially with Tailings out there and more than a handful of really tough holes on the Marquette courses. Holes 3,D,14 are really the separators in scoring spread that bring (bad)luck into play a bit too much unfortunately.

I think the navigation complaints about GHI aren't completely warranted, it's just hard to get out of your mind because the tee for I (the last hole) is right by 13 green. But that sweet tight downhill hole G is so much fun to play! And H if the pin is short at the bottom of the plays a great flick corridor, while the sadistically risky pin placement on the hill is meant to cause fits.

I know lots of the tees are washing away, the crushed stone was originally laid in 2005, but the Tower Drive DG club who has taken over since I left in 2012 has done a great job improving many pads with landscaping rocks and leveling. Unfortunately after I left fundraising for rubber mats had taken a dive into the abyss. The property owner will never authorize concrete, and even just doing blue and red tees equates to the need to buy a LOT of rubber for 27 holes!

All that counts is if you had fun!

got to winter park at about 10 and waited for shuie until 1030.

Sounds accurate.:rolleyes:
On another note..
Sandy point is probably my favorite "par 3" course I've played thus far. Just a cool place for DG.
You guys got me all missing Wisco and such...:\

^ Get back here, I'd be more than glad to take some of your money.

Latest posts