• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 PDGA events at the same course

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Is this possible to do in one year? I am thinking about having my Ice Bowl be PDGA sanctioned next year but there is already a two day, four couse tourney that is a C-tier later in the year (Oct.). Just wondering if it is allowed. Thanks.

tumblr_kwo071qoWY1qz7wfjo1_500.jpg

Two PDGA events at the same course...

Until some point in the mid-90s, there actually was a limit on the number of sanctioned events of a certain level a specific course could host.

A lot of courses do this already. AB Nixon does 2 every year. The throw to know - shortest course layout, and the Kennett open - the longest course layout out. I always liked that the 2 had a very different feel to them.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it just seems to me that if we start having PDGA sanctioned league events, the whole thing will seem a bit "watered down." I feel like it would take away some of the prestige of playing in a PDGA tourament and like I said, "water down" the rating system. Feedback?

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it just seems to me that if we start having PDGA sanctioned league events, the whole thing will seem a bit "watered down." I feel like it would take away some of the prestige of playing in a PDGA tourament and like I said, "water down" the rating system. Feedback?
Ehh, the PDGA isn't exactly Augusta National. Once you have a few PDGA events under your belt, any notion of prestige wears off pretty quickly.

Yeah, maybe so. But I've read a few posts recently about people complaining that others aren't playing by PDGA standards, i.e. Rules violations, incorrect score keeping, etc... That if we have this going on during a typical Ice bowl it would just make the whole thing seem a little moot. I say have your club tourneys, and have your sanctioned events. Keep 'em seperate.

We did two last year at the same course within a month and a third one 6 months earlier. 2010 Red Rock Show, 2010 Oktoberfest, and 2010 HOTT Final were all at Moody's Ranch.

Do note that the course layouts were different for all three tournaments.

Last edited:
Yeah in Seattle we only have two good courses so we use them both for most tournaments. Seatac DGC is going to have at least 4 or 5 sanctioned events this year that I know of.

No, it doesn't.

Fret not young prince.

I would, however, recommend doing something different just so its not 2 of the same event.

2 sanctioned events in the same year? Earlewood has 2 sanctioned events in March!

Latest posts