• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2007 Pro Worlds

I'd say Avery has an excellent chance.

He has won some big events this year against very tough fields.

I've played the courses at Highbridge and say they are well suited for Avery's game.

Of course I'll be pulling for my homeboys Steve Brinster and Mike Moser. I expect
the Mose to finish in the top 7 and Brinster to finish in the top 20.

Still gotta go with the champ, there's something about the way he can endure the pressure that gives him an edge in events like these.

If not the champ, I'd say Borgamel.

I'm torn between Avery Jenkins and Barry Shultz. I definitely think it will be one or the other, just not sure which one.

On the Woman's side, I'm thinking Des Reading or Valerie Jenkins. How sick would it be to have a Brother & Sister become world champions in the same year.

Masters: Hammock

Grandmasters: I wanna say Leroy Jenkins cause of the name (inside joke with gamers) but I think it's going to be the year for Tim Mackey

Senior Grand Masters: Peter Shive

Woman's Grand Master: Kathy Hardyman

Legends: Stancil cause of his #9 PDGA number.

roadkill said:
Of course I'll be pulling for my homeboys Steve Brinster and Mike Moser. I expect
the Mose to finish in the top 7 and Brinster to finish in the top 20.

I too am pulling for the locals however my official pick is the champ, just can't pick against him

I just heard Donnie Brooks (MDGF) on PDGA Radio with John Duesler. It turns out that our local homeboy Linc Morgan crushed the field to win his second Mini Disc Golf World Championship. He won by a 7 stroke margin. Get this: he was 10 under on the back nine! Eight deuces and an ace in nine holes, how's that for smokin?

As far as "big golf" goes, my boy Mose is in 5th and fellow Pennsylvanian Markus Kallstrom is in 4th. Another Pa. homeboy Joey Mela is 4th in Masters. Central Pa.'s Don Dillon is tied for 1st in Legends!

So far my hometown has claimed one World Championship in Highbridge and we have four more regional golfers in the top 5 of their divisions!

scores for first day are posted. Cale winning witg Doss, Anton, and Kalstrom following. The champ is in 17th. It would be cool if Doss won because everyone except climo only has one worlds win

iowapat said:
Furthur said:
Jones said:

As well as the rest of the Iowa cru (Olson, Sprague, Chicky, and the Tank (sort of)).

don't forget Jack Gilmore

That's right. I forgot Jack told me he was up there. Jack is one of the coolest guys I played with during my stint in IC. He just finished outside the final 4 last year, so I'd like to see him make it in for sure.

Looks like Brad Milder, a local IC masters player, is also in red figures for day one.

:shock: Holy smokes. Seeing big shots on TV never gives the distance justice, but that looks huge even so! What's really crazy to me is that he's got no follow through with his feet...its like he takes a small x-step, and bam, his feet are planted. Lots of upper body follow through, but still, that's just insane.

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
:shock: Holy smokes. Seeing big shots on TV never gives the distance justice, but that looks huge even so! What's really crazy to me is that he's got no follow through with his feet...its like he takes a small x-step, and bam, his feet are planted. Lots of upper body follow through, but still, that's just insane.

He may not be following though with his feet, but his hips and shoulders are exploding though the zone. Actually, his throw is probably one of my favorites.

Latest posts