• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2011 Ace Race Putter

I'm the TD for ours, and the stuff came in the mail today (for Saturday's Ace Race). I didn't want to "cheat," but I did take it out to the soccer field. Since we have a really good soccer team, they have really plush grass and I knew I wouldn't mess up my discs at all! I didn't put a lot of effort into any of my throws, but I threw one at about 70-75% and it flew 300' on a frozen rope! I couldn't believe that a putter could do that! Usually, they either flip or fade, but this disc did neither! Can't wait for this weekend!

I thought it was a really fun disc. It wants to lock into a straight line on lower powered throws, it doesn't tolerate a ton of oat but it will hold a better line into the wind than I expected. All the older guys and finesse players seemed to love it, all of the power players and crank on overstable plastic guys thought it was horrible. I heard one guy complaining that it flipped into a roller on 75' throws, but it wasn't flipping all that much on full powered drives for me.

I thought it was a really fun disc. It wants to lock into a straight line on lower powered throws, it doesn't tolerate a ton of oat but it will hold a better line into the wind than I expected. All the older guys and finesse players seemed to love it, all of the power players and crank on overstable plastic guys thought it was horrible. I heard one guy complaining that it flipped into a roller on 75' throws, but it wasn't flipping all that much on full powered drives for me.

I saw the exact same thing here. There were a couple of us that were loving the disc, and at the same time, most were giving it away before the ace race was over.

The disc has made it into my bag, but I am having trouble releasing it consistently during a round. Maybe I just need to get used to its size after throwing smaller discs? I will give it a few more rounds to see if I can dial it in.

I have said earlier in this thread that i hated the ace race putter... Well, I decided to test it out the past couple of weeks. I still don't like it for approach shots... I can't throw them 300 feet, for whatever reason, but with a revised grip, I have consistently been able to throw the ESP straight up to 100 to 150 feet.

I think I could find a use for this disc for long putts and straight approach shots less than 150 feet.

got an ace race coming up this weekend and looking forward to tossing this thing around a lil bit.. im more of a finesse player thats for sure and sounds like this thing is right up my alley :thmbup:

I'm a fan. I throw about 400', and it could take a full power throw as long as I was careful to get a steep hyzer angle. But where it really shines is in the 100-250' range. Where a nice smooth throw will put it on a laser-straight line that never seems to want to drop.

Not sure if this is the place or not:

I am really interested in buying a few of these Ace Race discs. I was not able to attend the Ace Race events because I am in Asia! So, When I return to the USA I would like to be able to get 2-3 if the ESP Discs (or D I guess I dont really care)

If anyone is selling here are my preferences:

1) NO ink (sorry...can't stand it)
2) Avoid colors like Pink, Orange, Red.
- - prefer White, Green, Blue, Black, or anything that looks more masculine, haha
3) pretty good condition: no scrapes or gauges, etc...

so a 9/10 disc or NEW of course is preferred... ok, babbling on

I already emailed Discraft and asked if I could purchase 2 player packs because I have been in Asia for 15 months...BUT, sadly they say I'll have to get em' second hand. So thats why i'm here.

If anyone can help me find some good condition Ace Race discs I would be very grateful.

I would hope to not get ripped off by any means, I think 10-15$ a disc is fair depending on the quality and the specs.

Alright thats all, THANK YOU :)

Most folks I talked to didn't like the disc. In particular from the distance given to us. No one like it as a mid, but several of us like it as a putter although it gets squirrely easily with some wind. It does go where you throw it and has almost no fade. I can't put much on a bh so it was an effort in futility for me. I was eventually able to control it, but still was well short of the basket. I did however put it my bag and I'm gonna give it a real workout as an alternate putter to my Wizard.

I have found the pro-d one to be too flippy for drives. I threw it on a 280' left to right hole and it went where I wanted it to, but it turned over so much that it hit the ground and rolled back left. The esp one got there easily and sat right down. I pretty much threw it flat, maybe just a touch of anhyzer on the release to get it to do that, where the pro-d one I had to give it quite a bit of hyzer.

the Pro-D was nice a grippy for me, but too inconsistent for me to use. The ESP, however, was the bee's knees...I had similar flight characteristic discs so I sold it, but it could go in anyone's bag and a short distance driver, mid-range or approach...

I am a finesse player, so maybe why I got better luck with it.

I have only thrown my Pro D, and it was too flippy for me. On some of the longer holes at the Ace Race, I had to put about a 45 degree angle hyzer on it for it to turn off to the right(I throw RHBH). Even then, it simply went straight. I was 100% unable to throw an actual hyzer, or to get the disc to fade left at all. I like it fine as a short range putter, but was considering throwing my ESP. Also, the Pro D is getting beat way too fast.

One of my aces was a 170ish hyzer, and I hit it with the pro d. They definitely will hold hyzer lines if you throw them clean rather than muscling them out there.

Anyone who had to put big hyzer on the release to make it fly has major technique issues. Maybe you've never realized it before.

At our Ace Race a Huge Arm player released his flat on a huge drive with only a minor S curve for 400+'.

Ok, the esp has made a permanent spot in my bag, and has kicked my beat aviars out (I will keep a newish KC in the bag though). It is so straight and handles power well. I hope it goes into production in esp.

Anybody know if it has been named?

Any one get ESP in anything other than black???

297173_2387817530049_1089139485_32741095_826600761_n.jpg