• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2011 Ace Race Putter

so i say i can throw it 300+ and everyone is up in arms but he says 350 and nobody challenges him?

at least i ended up on the home page of the ace race

After throwing it yesterday, I can definitely believe it can get out to 300 with the right throw. I doubt I can do it, but it's certainly believable. I'm looking forward to getting out to a field to really let it fly.

it's because you're a loud-mouthed noob :p don't get your panties in a bunch

lol. and you can't tell people to not get their panties in a bunch... i've received infractions for that.

from now on we are to use the phrase, "don't get your discs in a bunch"

The ESP version did great this weekend...it went at least 200+ with a nice left turn. Discmeister was there...it flew great. I handed the Pro-D to him and he was making some pretty good practice putts with it...

Well, here I sit, waiting on UPS to drop off a box full of them... so I hope to be able to show off the whole players package at our league finals tonight. Then I plan on getting some practice throws tomorrow with my pair in my backyard. I hope the batches are coming out well.

The ESP version did great this weekend...it went at least 200+ with a nice left turn. Discmeister was there...it flew great. I handed the Pro-D to him and he was making some pretty good practice putts with it...

It held a straight line 70 ft into the basket.

Has anyone else tried overhand shots with this? I was playing around with my pro-d today's and it has tons of glide when throwing thumbers.

Yeah I'm more excited for the mini and bag then the discs lol. Putters arn't my thing.. Wizard is all you ever need.

I used the lower grade plastic at the Ace Race and I hated this ace race disc.

Well, I had a chance to check them out and it seems I have a whole batch of soft Pro-D and slick ESP... the ESPs seem a bit domier than the Pro-Ds ... haven't thrown mine yet... but from the feel and grip, I don't think this putter will be replacing my Rhyno.

I'd compare it to a putter version of a Mako. It has that same beveled/convex wing as the Mako/Roadrunner/etc. But it's relatively HSS for how straight it is. Thrown about 75%, it goes forever on a line-drive.

Even if it doesn't make my bag, I'm really going to enjoy playing the Ace Race with it. It's perfect for the event.

i heard some people say its like a Comet in putter form.. that way off? if so sounds like me likey but our ace race isnt for a bit :(

Even if it doesn't make my bag, I'm really going to enjoy playing the Ace Race with it. It's perfect for the event.
This is the thing. Compared to last year's disc in a purely "can this disc make my bag" point of view, this year's disc is a dud. The Hornet is a cool overstable mid. This disc is long glidey putter that I'm not sure what I would do with in an actual round.

However, compared to last year as an Ace Race disc, this thing was the bomb. We went from two Aces to nine Aces with a lot more close runs thrown in. The event this year was a lot more fun than last year, but I don't think anybody was planning on keeping the disc in their bag.

I got one in a trade last week and would classify this disc as hybrid mid-putter. It has lots of glide, and pretty easy to control and shape. I agree it will not be as useful in a round compared to the Hornet, but it will make for exciting Ace Race Rounds. This disc may never make it into production, but they would make amazing discs for my PE classes if they do. Young kids could do some amazing things with it bc it takes on the shape of a traditional frisbee.

If you ever saw mzuleger you wouldn't challenge him either.

LOL.
It's a fun disc, um not sure I'll use it often because I'd trust my beat wiz with my life but its fun enough to keep in the bag... Even if its just for playing catch at some random time.

Latest posts