• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

I enjoyed the Ace Race I played in; it was one of the last ones. Hit an ace in PRACTICE before the actual competition started. Hit nothing during the first round; 4 metals hits (1 post, 1 cage, 2 chains) during the second round. I was running hard straight lines right at the baskets, so of course it was doubtful that anything would stay in. I thought it flew nice and straight with a little turnover; I personally compare it to a DGA Squall. I can't say that it displaces anything in my current bag, but I'll certainly keep the disc.

I enjoyed the Ace Race I played in; it was one of the last ones. Hit an ace in PRACTICE before the actual competition started. Hit nothing during the first round; 4 metals hits (1 post, 1 cage, 2 chains) during the second round. I was running hard straight lines right at the baskets, so of course it was doubtful that anything would stay in. I thought it flew nice and straight with a little turnover; I personally compare it to a DGA Squall. I can't say that it displaces anything in my current bag, but I'll certainly keep the disc.

I feel ya bro. My second throw with the disc in practice, I hit an ace that nobody else ended up acing (hole 3 long). It's such a mixed feeling knowing you hit one but that it didn't effing count...:doh:

Ace Race results

From Discraft to TD's...
They made over 31,000 of these discs already.....:thmbup:

BY THE NUMBERS: ACE RACE 2012

Thanks to all of our TDs for another great year of growth and fun! We had a blast, hope you did too!

Total worldwide events: 347
Total participating players: 15,601
Average players per event: 45
Total free prize discs awarded: 2776
Total countries represented: 12
Northern most location: Oulu, Finland
Southern most location: Newcastle, Australia
Great states: leading US states by number of events:

Texas: 26
Michigan: 21
California: 17
Wisconsin: 16
North Carolina: 14
Florida: 13
Minnesota: 13
Most every number listed is a new record; total events were up from 298 in 2011, total players were up from 13,000.

2012 CHAINSTAR WINNERS!

Largest events (top 3):

Brooklyn Park, MN / TD Char Majeski: 280 players
Kansas City, KS / TD Scott Reek: 200 players
Canmore, Alberta / TD Alan Herring: 181 players

Random draw: photo division
Jackson, TN / TD Rod Norton

Random draw: video division
Boras, Sweden / TD Roger Kasselstrand
:clap:

Last edited: