• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Completely Filled!

Since the ground rules don't specifically define the creek as "OB", the player is left to wonder what exactly the special rules are, and when they apply. There's no definition of "island hole" in the rules, right? (Not that that terminology is used on the ground rules, either.)

I think it's pretty clear here, once you see it. Tee shot needs to come to rest beyond the creek, or you re-tee.

I think it's pretty clear here, once you see it. Tee shot needs to come to rest beyond the creek, or you re-tee.

Yes, I've seen the hole in question. And yes, that's how you are reading it.

I'm not convinced 100% of players will read it as "needs to come to rest beyond the creek", since it doesn't say that. I'm also not convinced 100% of players will know what to do if their 2nd shot rolls into the creek (having successfully landed past the creek on their 1st shot).

The ground rules make neither one clear. I'm just saying.

I'm not convinced 100% of players will read it as "needs to come to rest beyond the creek", since it doesn't say that. I'm also not convinced 100% of players will know what to do if their 2nd shot rolls into the creek (having successfully landed past the creek on their 1st shot).

Fair enough. I actually thought you were talking about Elon Angry #9 when I first read your question.

Every course will have TD's on site and most will have PDGA marshalls on site.

No need to worry.

When you find stuff like this it would be great if you would pass it on to Bill so he can have it corrected or made more clear.

No one will miss the mando, no one. It is just there to dissuade people from taking a cheater route around to the left. If you miss that Mando twice, you shouldnt be playing in Worlds. Bill said no one missed the Mando on 9 either all weekend. Again... it is just there to stop people from attempting the cheater route you have almost no chance of missing it on the drive.

9 was missed twice on Sunday. Was actually glad to hear that there wasn't more. You can still cut the corner some, but gotta watch out for that treeeeeeeeee. 1's Mando happened after seeing a lefty and righty forehand thrower go that route which goes over the walking path.

Cool, must have been after I went through there. I cut in early on round and threw a tommy around the right side of the tree, I can see if you nick something you could miss it. It is difficult to off the tee though. I still don't see anyone missing #1 If there were a chance, I would suggest the mando sign be on the large tall tree 3' to the right of the small tree the sign is on.

The Mando is beyond the left hand side of this photo. The trees to the right of the white center tree have also been cleared; you can go inside or outside. And actually, looking at this photo and the tree locations, I am inclined to say that it's not taken from the established tee pad. There is way more room on the right of that tree than this photo suggests.

63e4f82b.jpg

Photo is from the old tee position btw farther up the hill than it currently is.

And after playing RL this weekend in a tourney I'd have to say I think once all the ob was put in it equally tough as Elon. Kevin Burgess post on the CDGC board that the SSA for 18 hole is a 52(-4).

yea, whoa, the hole looks completly different. Now the center white tree almost looks like the center of the fairway. The gap is all high limbed up and green removed from the fairway. Looks like we need a new picture!

The OB creek at #13 Winget (must cross or re-tee with a stroke) is only 25' or so from the tee; there is a tree that a RHFH early release shot might hit (I've done it!) but other than that it should not be an issue.

Any one know who to contact to determine when Pools will be assigned? I am trying to figure out if I need a rental car before the shuffle.

I've never seen them done more than a week before Worlds and many times you don't see them until Player Check-in. Maybe someone from the team will check-in to let you know their plans.

with 288 players, I think you will have a decent chance. I would expect at least 5% have an issue and dont make the trip. ...but I could be wrong. With all the Charlotte players wanting to get in... I would expect that 288 will be playing one way or another. I would assume that not all 15 ahead of you would showup if they don't get in before signins.

If anyone wants to play, I suggest you hang around the day of sign in to see who decides to be late.

How are flights typically determined for the Advanced Men? A straight break by rating every 72 players? By name, state, or some other magical way?

i would think break by rating but i dont think there is a specific mandate that says how it has to be done

with 288 players, I think you will have a decent chance. I would expect at least 5% have an issue and dont make the trip. ...but I could be wrong. With all the Charlotte players wanting to get in... I would expect that 288 will be playing one way or another. I would assume that not all 15 ahead of you would showup if they don't get in before signins.

If anyone wants to play, I suggest you hang around the day of sign in to see who decides to be late.

how crappy would it be to come all the way from Texas to just stand around and wait, only to be turned away. I guess at that point i could caddy for a pro or something.

Latest posts