• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Completely Filled!

Yea, I know, but the question was posed... you'll know before worlds if you get in then. It really doesnt matter how many we think will get in from list, they will be notified regardless of our feeling. The only variable that is totally out of our control by the time of the event is who no shows. The current list is only dipped into when someone has the class to pre-notify the PDGA about dropping out. I guarantee some people wont bother for what ever reason... and we will only know about them Monday and Tuesday.

Also, we can't control how many of those on the wait list, now that we are so close, can't actually make the trip and will either ignore or decline. I have heard of a few of these that got on the wait list but then werent able to make arrangments on short notice.

^^^if you are waiting for MA1 i wouldnt be suprised at all if you got in sitting at 9th, hopefully you find out in time to make it from texas...

moved up almost 10 spots since the last update from the 22nd to yesterdays update. sitting 9th now on waitlist

I'll probably end up making you happy.

Stupid elbow can't hold up during 1 round, can't imagine it holding up for 6.

I'm somewhere around 96th on the waitlist, but I already have travel plans. I'm hoping the first 95 people don't show up.

Practice priorities?

I'm traveling in a group made up of 2 MA1's, an MM1 and an MG1 (me). We arrive late Saturday afternoon with one car. How should we prioritize playing these courses, i.e., which is most or least important to practice?

Angry Beaver
Winget
R.L. Smith
Reedy Creek
Idlewild
Hornet's Nest
Kilborne
Sugaw

I'm traveling in a group made up of 2 MA1's, an MM1 and an MG1 (me). We arrive late Saturday afternoon with one car. How should we prioritize playing these courses, i.e., which is most or least important to practice?

Angry Beaver
Winget
R.L. Smith
Reedy Creek
Idlewild
Hornet's Nest
Kilborne
Sugaw

Well, since all of you are playing Angry Beaver and Winget, certainly those. Angry is a test. Winget's straightforward, but a good practice round is always good. The MM and MG groups are playing Reedy Creek twice, so that would be one I would play. Smith is a hike, and your two MA1 players are playing THAT one twice, so... As for the others, the Nest is a great course. I found Kilborne to be pret straightforward, but challenging enough. I'll let people that know more about the other courses make suggestions.

Last edited:
Well, since all of you are playing Angry Beaver and Winget, certainly those. Angry is a test. Winget's straightforward, but a good practice round is always good. The MM and MG groups are playing Reedy Creek twice, so that would be one I would play. Smith is a hike, and your two MA1 players are playing THAT one twice, so... As for the others, the Nest is a great course. I found Kilborne to be pret straightforward, but challenging enough. I'll let people that know more about the other courses make suggestions.

Being an MA1 participant in this years worlds from Colorado where I am used to hiking amazing mountain courses makes me think I might have a slight advantage at RL Smith after hearing this. Thanks for boosting my confidence.

Being an MA1 participant in this years worlds from Colorado where I am used to hiking amazing mountain courses makes me think I might have a slight advantage at RL Smith after hearing this. Thanks for boosting my confidence.

Well, I wouldn't call it "mountainous" but there are several holes with abrupt elevation changes. You'll enjoy Smith, as long as you stay in bounds. :)

Angry Beaver
Winget
R.L. Smith
Reedy Creek
Idlewild
Hornet's Nest
Kilborne
Sugaw

Play order (priority)
Beaver
Winget (short course but placement is key)
R.L Smith
Idlewild
Reedy Creek
Hornets
Kilborne
Sugaw

so frustrating to see them not update the waitlist....last update was the 28th...One would think that as we get closer, it would be a priority

I would look at the schedule and see what over divisions are playing the courses you are, and how many are in those divisions. The more total players there are that are going to play that course, the sooner I would play it, because every day will add more players there to practice the courses.

Excellent point, Bill. There is one course that has 576 different players scheduled to play it, while there are others that will be played by 91 or 80 players. Combine that info with recommendation's like Mark's above and I think I have the kernal of a practice plan for the group.

Thanks!