• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Wait List Posted. . .

Has there been any talk to adding another 72 to the MPO? As for now there
are only two pools. Seems like if the demand was there they would want the
extra $$.
Just wondering.

Has there been any talk to adding another 72 to the MPO? As for now there
are only two pools. Seems like if the demand was there they would want the
extra $$.
Just wondering.

It has been stated numerous times before in other threads. The organizers for the Worlds are more concerned with player experience for the 1000 or so+ players than $$ generation or #'s of players.

A LOT of work has been done on the courses to make them play under 3 hours and to build courses so we are having limited rounds per course per day.

It has been stated numerous times before in other threads. The organizers for the Worlds are more concerned with player experience for the 1000 or so+ players than $$ generation or #'s of players.

A LOT of work has been done on the courses to make them play under 3 hours and to build courses so we are having limited rounds per course per day.

A few of us spent A LOT of time into building these courses and didn't play enough tournaments to qualify for the worlds. It will totally suck if we don't get to play in the worlds, when we sacrificed so much to provide great courses.

Rob yes, of course, if I had my way all the hard workers in charlotte would have a spot and entry paid by the worlds committee, but I can't have my way. We both know that when the pitch was made for worlds that none on the world's team thought that the people that made the event happen wouldnt be able to play in it.

I hope you get in!

that sucks if you don't get in Rob. Should be fine if you register tomorrow... or tonight...

Last year I wasn't planning on playing until I heard the tournament was full... so I registered, got a call that I was in a week later, and started booking flights soon after. Shouldn't be a problem, Rob, just be ready when it opens... or try registering now... what could it hurt?

A few of us spent A LOT of time into building these courses and didn't play enough tournaments to qualify for the worlds. It will totally suck if we don't get to play in the worlds, when we sacrificed so much to provide great courses.

Interesting. Never really thought of that Rob...

Maybe the PDGA in the future could have "club exemption" spots for that reason.

For example the host club gets 20 spots to award to whomever they choose for this very reason. Of course the player would still pay and all that...

I guess the only reason why this wouldn't happen is it deters people from helping their local club at worlds.

Who knows.....

I didn't play in Rochester because I volunteered instead. I figured I could go to worlds 'next year' to get the playing experience. So much for that.

Well that's good, because you sure have a lot of work to do on the courses.

Wish i could have gotten in am. Dont feel like donating that much to pros. Guess I'll be working at bradford and volenteering all week.

I wanted to play, I am now on a waitlist, at least I assume I am, since I signed up before the deadline when I saw that the tournament is now completely full! Sure hope no AM grandmasters took a spot that I was willing to claim at 12:01 EDT tomorrow.

Latest posts