• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Goals

Last year I had a pretty solid set of goals. This year I'm being a little less rigid. I have some plans, but no real goals.

1. Bring the fun back. Don't get me wrong, tournament rounds are fun, but they're also stressful and can be very frustrating. In the last three years, my weekends have been dominated by tournament play. I'm going to shut that down a bit and reclaim some of my weekends for casual play.

2. More Travel. For the tournaments that I do play, I'm looking to broaden my horizons a bit and travel to some bigger events. Tentatively on my schedule are A-Tiers in PA, CT, and DE as well as Am Worlds.

1. be more consistent. After playing a full year in 2012 with no injury to my elbow (after not playing in 2011) Consistency is my biggest issue.
2. putting enough said there.
3. Play more courses
4. Cosistency oh nevermind already said that!!:wall::thmbup:

Oh yeah, and now that I have a house with a backyard, I'm planning to do a lot of putting practice.

Practice putting a LOT more. My putting is costing me 5-10 throws per round.

Play more courses. I am getting sick of my home course.

1. Practice putting more
2. Bump the rating into the 950s
3. Play courses in Maine, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and more.

Let me know if you end up in the southern ME and NH area! My goals are as follows:

- Spend at least an hour a week improving my home course (on my own or as part of a club event)
- Focus on the disc molds I use now and learn how to hit more shots with them over using different molds for every shot.
- Land 90% or more of my approach shots from 150ft and in within 15ft of the pin.
- Become confident enough in my putting to be able to hit all 15ft and in putts (missing those is ALWAYS a confidence issue for me)
- Try at least 10 new courses
- Play in at least 3 tournaments

putt better... i've spent the first two years figuring out how to throw hella far. now i need to figure out how to throw 30'.

also, trying to get to 60% of NC courses played.

To get a rating. I paid my PDGA dues for the first time in years. I plan on seeing how well I do against all the people I use to play with that are still playing.

Look out GM open!

1. Practice putting more
2. Bump the rating into the 950s
3. Play courses in Maine, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and more.

Maine disc golf is great! All pay to play but a great number of good courses.

1. Always have fun, even in tournements. No point in playing if I don't enjoy it. I typically don't ask people how they are shooting, usually just ask if they are having fun.
2. Started this year finally, but want to stop buying random discs that I probably won't throw.
3. Practice more. Don't spend a lot of time there. Usually spent with either casual rounds or tourneys.

Gaining confidence in my game be it in the circle or off the tee.
Be rated 910 by the end of the year.
Win a tournament playing Int

Three simple goals

- Play lots of new courses, especially when travelling.

- Throw forehand decent.

- Get a consistent drive, even if it's not far!

I had one goal for 2012, which I achieved; Provincial Advanced Champion. Since I'm now going to be playing MPM, I've set my 2013 goals a little lower.

1. practice putting more.
2. learn to throw sidearm farther than 200'.

1. Get my distance up to 400-420.
2. Get my side-arm to 300.
3. Get well versed in trick shots like overhead and rollers.
4. Get my distance up to 400-420.

1) Continue to improve mental game, both shot to shot decision making and 'frustration tolerance index.' I've come a long way...my Italian side makes me want to put out hits on trees...but always room to improve.

2) Start playing competitively. Plan to finally join the local club and play singles/dubs, plus some other area events. I always thought of myself as a "casual golfer," but I'm finding myself jonesing for competitive experience. (Plus I qualify for 'masters,' which helps.)

3) Focus on powered-down accuracy. I'm fine with my D, and my accuracy at 85-100% power. I need work on tight-line, standstill, lower powered accuracy, both left/right and D control.

4) Learn to throw a roller, find a disc I can get 300+ ft out of with a hook thumber.

1. Keep working on putting.
2. Stop worrying about 450' and be really accurate at 400' and under.
3. Play a large tourney outside of my area.
4. Spend more time fishing.

1. 800 courses played (currently 670)
2. 45 states played (currently 41)
3. Rating up to 970 (currently 950)
4. 10 travel tag swaps

1. Learn a consistent backhand that breaks 400'
  2. Increase my putting confidence to outside the circle
  3. Add at least four new states to my list of played
  4. Add at least twenty new courses to my list of played

Latest posts