• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USADGC - June 7-9 - Toboggan, MI

Just finished my round. Shot better than yesterday but couldn't hold it together. I seem to have a weak spot at the 150-200ft range this weekend haha. Sucks to throw a 500ft drive and then miss the 150ft upshot and take a 4. Amateur problems.

I wish they had live coverage of the top 2 cards. Wonder how Steven is doing.

USADGC Leader Board (Unofficial Results)

I spotted on the right side of hole 3 today - beautiful day today, not too hot at all and the course was looking spectacular. Saw some people absolutely crush it off the tee. Best one made it just a foot or so up the hill. Also saw some attrocious lies, but lost zero, and returned one that was lost yesterday. :D

Nice meeting a few DGCR folk: KenTyburski, dusty5150, 1978... and although I didn't introduce myself to him, Austin was looking good on the lead card.

Hope I can figure out who Notroman (Roman) is tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow guys!

Last edited:
I didn't know you were spotting! I was one of the guys that crushed it off the tee ;) Managed to get the birdie unlike yesterday. I usually chat the spotters up and see how their day is going.

I had a grey IL 72 Ams shirt on with the big Paragon logo on the back. I had to jump up a few times from my lie to get a look at the basket before throwing my second shot. I'll be wearing my black VK polo tomorrow.

Last edited:
Look for the guy with an energy drink in each drink holder on his bag. :p

Will keep an eye out for you - I'll was/will be wearing a faded blue Detroit Tigers cap with a white olde English D.

Mashie always knows best!

If anyone's inclined, it might be fun for a few of us to to meet up for dinner at Milford House or Baker's after the tourney - just a thought.

They're also having Walled Lake Thunder right near my house this weekend. :thmbup:

Pretty sure I was still working on my Monster when I was playing hole 3 :) I was kinda missing it by the time I got to hole 9 or 10. Should've packed two cans in the bag. Might double it up for tomorrow's round.

I honestly don't remember people's hats. I was wearing a black Dynamics Discs hat - not sure why, I usually don't wear hats. I had my drive way up near the hill in the short grass, Abel threw his blue Nuke flirting with the woods but hyzered out in the short grass as well, and we had two players hyzer way out into 13's fairway. We waited for people to tee off on 13 before they threw their second drives.

I'll keep an eye out for BogeyNoMore tomorrow. Same hole?

I'd love to come back out that way for dinner to meet some people, but I didn't drive here and the guys I'm staying with want to stick around here (Novi) for dinner.

Last edited:
We probably exchanged a few words today and didn't realize it.

We go where they put us, but it wouldn't surprise me if they try to put us on the same holes - you get a feel for them after a while. I'll look for the black VK polo. I'm fine meeting somewhere else if it's more convenient for people - just mentioned those cause they are near the course.

Looks like Jared's doing very well himself!

Last edited:
I played with Jared yesterday. He's got those holes dialed in. I like watching the lines he takes. Great putters too. We had a good time chatting and joking around all round.

why group first round by ratings? the top guys will be playing together soon enough anyway. all competitors should be equal prior to the first disc being thrown.

good luck tomorrow to all of you regardless of rating. Team Spotsy represent!

One of purposes for this is so that the top players will all play the course in the same conditions. At the DGLO they did it alphabetical and some of the top pros played most of their round in the rain while some played only two or three holes in the rain. The way they are doing it at Am Nats, if part of the day is windier, rainier, dewier or whateverer, the top players will all be on the course at the same time.

One of purposes for this is so that the top players will all play the course in the same conditions. At the DGLO they did it alphabetical and some of the top pros played most of their round in the rain while some played only two or three holes in the rain. The way they are doing it at Am Nats, if part of the day is windier, rainier, dewier or whateverer, the top players will all be on the course at the same time.

i've always disagreed with making one competitor any different from another prior to the start of the event. playing in different conditions is the nature of golf sometimes. oh well- one of the things the pdga does well is let folks run their events their way for the most part.

congrats on you daughter's solid play.

Teeing off at 10:41 tomorrow. Had the back 9 dialed in but struggled on the front today. So far, I've played the back 9 at -5 and the front at +6. Going to try to find the complete round tomorrow!

Latest posts