• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USADGC - June 7-9 - Toboggan, MI

Word! Although I think I'm only getting by on ex 'home' course advantage :D

I think we may have exchanged words today in the crap on the right on 3. I had that really awesome lie with an orange Surge dressed in all black with red shorts. Saved a four somehow!

Looks like Jared's doing very well himself!

I played with Jared yesterday. He's got those holes dialed in. I like watching the lines he takes. Great putters too. We had a good time chatting and joking around all round.

Looks like you got your **** together that second round! Wish you shot better yesterday so you could be on my card again

You can follow the lead card action on twitter today @pdgalive and also other tournament action and information @usadgc

Locals there is still a lot of exclusive plastic for sale at tournament HQ

I was really hoping to see austin take it down today, but he'd running out of holes by the look of things. Regardless he'll be a forced to be reckoned with as a pro, sixteen year old kid with some serious skills.

Who was the last Am Nats or Am Worlds winner to win Open at Pro Worlds?

Never been one

Junior Boys < 16
Kansas City
MO
Nathan Doss

Junior Girls < 16
Nashville
TN
Valarie Jenkins

David Wiggins Jr. has 6 am world titles and an Am Nats title

Juliana Korver 1995 Am Worlds. Point being that winning either Am Nats or Am Worlds in the top division doesn't necessarily mean you're on track to win a Pro Worlds, at least yet.

Last edited:
Juliana Korver 1995 Am Worlds. Point being that winning either Am Nats or Am Worlds in the top division doesn't necessarily mean you're on track to win a Pro Worlds, at least yet.

Ah, JK ... I remember this trivia now. Must remember for next time :thmbup:

Wearing a flat brim looks ALMOST as dumb as wearing a belt with your waistband near your knees

The "flat brimmer" did win! He's also one of the nicest, most respectful young golfers I know. I may agree with your opinion on how he wears his hat, but I disagree with anyone trying to discount a huge win due to someone's style.

he seemed like a pretty good kid, and with a forehand like that you can wear your hat just about however you want.

Another nice day – spotted on hole 12 (one of my personal favorites). :thmbup:
Made it a point to find Notroman and Jfrosty42 amid the field. Also saw Fischmich, and I have to give a shout to Gonnagal and entire tourney staff for all the work they put into this weeks and month in advance, setting everything up and all the planning to ensure things run as smoothly as possible during the event, and that it's as enjoyable as possib;e for everyone involved, right down to event staff personally delivering box lunches out to the spotters on every hole - class act all the way. :thmbup:

It was nice to hear "Thank you for spotting" from at least one player on virtually every card, and know it was said with sincerity rather than simply lip service. With elevation playing a big factor on nearly all the holes (many of them blind or very nearly so), combined with thick, nasty rough that makes finding discs nightmarish at times, it changes your mind set off the tee knowing there's couple of guys down there basically telling you "Go ahead - throw the shot you came here to throw. Don't worry about your disc – we've got your back."

I saw some wonderful drives, clutch putting, and a few incredible recoveries; including a 60-70' shot for deuce from a canopy of trees and rough that had the rest of the card amazed and clapping, and a truly jaw dropping tomahawk from mid-fairway that sky rocketed over all the very mature trees guarding the approach to the pin, landing only feet from the pin and pretty much stuck there for an easy putt. The others in his group we're equally impressed. It was a privilege to watch so many great players do what they do best on a course that really allows them to showcase their ability.

And my thanks to the players who brought us down a couple of bottles of water after they teed off – it was greatly appreciated. :thmbup: :hfive:

I'll was/will be wearing a faded blue Detroit Tigers cap with a white olde English D.
soooo basically just a regular Tigers baseball cap? :p
...some have orange D's.

Last edited:
Another nice day – spotted on hole 12 (one of my personal favorites). :thmbup:
Made it a point to find Notroman and Jfrosty42 amid the field. Also saw Fischmich, and I have to give a shout to Gonnagal and entire tourney staff for all the work they put into this weeks and month in advance, setting everything up and all the planning to ensure things run as smoothly as possible during the event, and that it's as enjoyable as possib;e for everyone involved, right down to event staff personally delivering box lunches out to the spotters on every hole - class act all the way. :thmbup:

It was nice to hear "Thank you for spotting" from at least one player on virtually every card, and know it was said with sincerity rather than simply lip service. With elevation playing a big factor on nearly all the holes (many of them blind or very nearly so), combined with thick, nasty rough that makes finding discs nightmarish at times, it changes your mind set off the tee knowing there's couple of guys down there basically telling you "Go ahead - throw the shot you came here to throw. Don't worry about your disc – we've got your back."

I saw some wonderful drives, clutch putting, and a few incredible recoveries; including a 60-70' shot for deuce from a canopy of trees and rough that had the rest of the card amazed and clapping, and a truly jaw dropping tomahawk from mid-fairway that sky rocketed over all the very mature trees guarding the approach to the pin, landing only feet from the pin and pretty much stuck there for an easy putt. The others in his group we're equally impressed. It was a privilege to watch so many great players do what they do best on a course that really allows them to showcase their ability.

And my thanks to the players who brought us down a couple of bottles of water after they teed off – it was greatly appreciated. :thmbup: :hfive:

...some have orange D's.

You should have also tried to find craton. He was there as well and is the other representative from the Midwest on the Vibram Street Team.

FWIW- all the young'uns (or should I say, young guns, cause all these kids were carrying cannons) were quite respectful and conducted themselves in a manner fitting the the event.

You should have also tried to find craton. He was there as well and is the other representative from the Midwest on the Vibram Street Team.
Hard to find a player without knowing their real name. :\

Last edited: