• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC - McBeast vs The Field

I'm going with Jeremy Koling.
I like Big Jerm but I've heard that he isn't that great under pressure & is "self- mutilating" if you know what I mean.
No mention of Feldbeard? I think he might be a contender. He's had some solid finishes this year.
Feldberg is my favorite disc golfer, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about him, come on he got 2nd at Worlds. Feldberg has more disc golf under his belt than most top pros that play MPO. If I had to place a bet on e field or McBeth I'd have to go with the field especially seeing how he's played at this tourney in the past. I know he's doing well right now but there are so many other guys with a lot of talent that could easily take it if McBeth is having an off day or one of them are just on fire. My vote goes for either Ricky or Feldberg. If I had to choose just one I'd say Ricky, he is having a great year, he has amazing distance backhand & forehand & his putting is also very good. The fact that he throws sidearm & backhand both so well is a huge advantage for him, it seems that more & more top pros are using forehand. Ricky is one of (if not the) best forehand thrower in the world, which is crazy b/c his backhand is amazing also. I feel people who just utilize backhand really underestimate sidearm. Sidearm is better in the wind than throwing an anhyzer, your always facing your target when throwing, is great for trouble shots & produces a way different line than an anhyzer does. Having both the anhyzer & flick at your disposal like Ricky does is a big asset over his competitors. When disc golfers are playing at such a high level the smallest things can have a huge impact, so Ricky being able to utilize lines (very effectually at that) that not every top player can, is just another reason I feel he will place in the top 5 (hopefully #1).

my money would be on the field. my eyes are seeing a different level of consitent golf, right at this moment, from mcbeth though. this is great for disc golf from at least a viewership/general interest perspective as i was able to get a few of my buddies to watch live coverage for a whole round on sunday at the vibram. we ended up cancelling our tee time to play ball golf after the first nine due to mcbeth's play alone. all three of them have since been watching past tournament coverge of some of the top pros on youtube and we have been discussing potential contenders at the upcoming usdgc.
which brings me to this short observation. while up at worlds, there were two other guys who i was really impressed with. the first was colglazier, who seemed to have a high level of confidence as he was lacing many of his throws through the tight lanes of the gold course. cam was also banging many of those 25-45 foot (many were elevated) putts that can create space on the scorecard, an ability that top pros who finish seem to possess. the second was a guy by the name of kyle eckmann. im not sure if kyle plays in all of the major events, but (from what i saw) he has every shot in his bag plus an ability to just flat out putt. man it was fun watching that guy play! seemed very nice as well which is very much a positive.
good luck to those on here who will be playing!

stroke and re tee format? or just rethrow? i think the stroke and distance favors will the re tee for free format helps course killers like nikko and nate doss.

my money would be on the field. my eyes are seeing a different level of consitent golf, right at this moment, from mcbeth though. this is great for disc golf from at least a viewership/general interest perspective as i was able to get a few of my buddies to watch live coverage for a whole round on sunday at the vibram. we ended up cancelling our tee time to play ball golf after the first nine due to mcbeth's play alone. all three of them have since been watching past tournament coverge of some of the top pros on youtube and we have been discussing potential contenders at the upcoming usdgc.
which brings me to this short observation. while up at worlds, there were two other guys who i was really impressed with. the first was colglazier, who seemed to have a high level of confidence as he was lacing many of his throws through the tight lanes of the gold course. cam was also banging many of those 25-45 foot (many were elevated) putts that can create space on the scorecard, an ability that top pros who finish seem to possess. the second was a guy by the name of kyle eckmann. im not sure if kyle plays in all of the major events, but (from what i saw) he has every shot in his bag plus an ability to just flat out putt. man it was fun watching that guy play! seemed very nice as well which is very much a positive.
good luck to those on here who will be playing!

Eckmann is a beast, another Huntington beach local . He doesnt make it to all the big events but he seems to hold his own pretty well locally, i believe either him or Paul Mcbeth has the course record at Huntington . Always willing to offer tips and always friendly.