• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

bneely

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So we have threads for Monday Qualifying, the Caddy Book, and the Disc Golf Guy, but no basic discussion area for the tournament action itself.

Who's your pick to win?

As much as I'd like to see McBeth take it down, I think one of Wysocki/Schusterick will bring home the title.

And I have a question for tournament veterans/locals: my Dad and I are flying out from CA to spectate this year, on Thursday through Saturday. Would love to get tips/advice - best places to post up and see multiple holes, any food/drink tips at the course or in Rock Hill, really any insider advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Ricky Wysocki is playing really well right now. He'll get his first US Championship this year.

As for spectating. The course is pretty wide open, so it's easy to walk around and see a lot of the action.

You have to go to Wingbonz and get the Honey Hot Sauce (you can get it on chicken tenders or chicken wings)! Groucho's also has really good sandwiches.

As far as posting up, I'm a fan of the final dogleg on #5, because you can watch approaches over the water, drives on #6, and you can sort of see tee shots for #7. My next favorite spot is to sit between #1 basket, #17 green, and #18 tee (assuming they will still let you down in that area).

Have fun out there!

The road by 1 2 and 3 is a good spot.

You can see all of those holes plus tee shots of hole 17.

The alley by 7 is great too - you can see 6 7, tee shot of 8 and the green of 16.

12 and 13 is a cool spot - 12 you will see the guys unleash power shots and 13 is amazing to see people play because it's just so danggum hard.

McBeth has never played well here.

My pick is Will to repeat.

Thanks for the tips MTL and stun! I imagine we will spend lots of time walking and following specific groups, but my Dad is older so we'll need to sit down at times and those spots sound perfect.

I would love to see MJ in contention on the lead card late - I think he's one of the best sportsmen in the game- but I don't think he quite has the game to beat out the McBeth/Wysocki/Schusterick/Feldberg/Locastro group.

Nikko. He's been right on the edge all year. It's time for him to break through. Although I'd like to see McBeth complete the Slam.

The design of Winthrop (via 9-13) provides the majority of it's scoring separation via long and accurate driving/approaches. Schusterick excels at those shots over the competition. Will 3x

Cool video. The kid's legit.

I'm going with the German, Simon Lizotte. He just won the German National Championship by a landslide.

Simon for the win! I really hope he does well and play on the lead card. He's got the skills for sure. He doesn't know the course as well as Will S., Paul M., Dave F., and most of the other top USA pro though... It will be tough.

Wednesday tee times posted.

DGPtv is going live at 10am, so presumably they'll follow Schusterick's 10:10 tee time but they could cover any of the last 6 groups.

I'll be there tomorrow until noon-ish, and all day Thursday volunteering as a spotter. I think I'll be on hole 5, although I may be on 6 or 7. I'm looking forward to seeing some action.

^I would assume up by the proshop in tents...

Latest posts