• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Vibram Open

What the hell is Celmer's Rating Game?

An impromptu game he (Justin Celmer) came up with last year, while sitting around Dodge's house. He found the slips of paper used to draw tee times that had everyones info on em.

He says a hometown (and or a rating) and you have to guess the player. Justin is a natural born game show host. Should be pretty fun.

Vibram Open Week!

For Spectators: (Player info is at bottom)

Watch Online at VibramOpen.com (EST)
•Thursday: 2 PM to 7 PM - Follow Champion's Card, Day Wrapup
•Friday: 1 PM to 6 PM - Men's Lead Card, Day Wrapup
•Saturday: 1 PM to 6 PM - Men's Lead Card, Day Wrapup
•Sunday: 11 AM to 5 PM - Men's Finals, Women's Finals

Watch in Person: (complete schedule here)

•Tuesday: Maple Hill League and cookout - all are welcome

•Wednesday: Manufacturer Skills Competition - Watch as Vibram, Innova, DGA, Prodigy & Dynamic Discs compete head to head.

•Wednesday:
•Disc Golf Clinic by the Pros: 6:00-6:30
•Meet The Champs: 6:30-7:00
•Kick-off party, presented by Berkshire Brewing Co.: 7:30

•Friday: Round 2:
•1:20 PM: Men's Lead Card
•2:20 PM: Women's Lead Card

•Saturday, Round 3:
•1:20 PM: Men's Lead Card
•2:20 PM: Women's Lead Card
•6:30-8:30 PM: Drive, Putt and Accuracy Contest Finals

•Sunday, Round 4:
•9:00 AM: Women's Lead Card
•12:00 PM: Men's Lead Card

Parking Changes: We want you to carpool so ... parking is $5 per car. The parking pass is good for the entire event.

For Players:

Players Meeting Wednesday at 7:00 is Mandatory - we will be singing happy 100th birthday to Grandma.

Daily Highlights (complete schedule here)

•Wednesday
•Five Spots Check-In: Wednesday at 9:00 AM
•Manufacturer Skills Play-In: Wednesday Noon to 4:00 PM
•Manufacturer Skills Challenge: Wednesday 4:00 - 6:00 PM
•MANDATORY PLAYERS MEETING: 7:00 - 7:30 PM
•Kick Off Party presented by Berkshire Brewing: 7:30 PM - ?

•Thursday
•Round 1: Tee Times Posted
•Putting Contest Prelims
•Accuracy Contest Prelims
•Game Night

•Friday
•Round 2
•Big Drive Prelims
•Glow Disc Doubles
•Table Tennis Prelims

•Saturday
•Round 3 - Cut Day
•Big Drive Finals
•Putting Semi Finals
•Accuracy Finals
•Table Tennis Finals

•Sunday
•Round 4
•Awards Ceremony
•Pie Eating Finals
•Putting Contest Finals

THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MOVE DISC GOLF FORWARD!

---------------------------

We look forward to seeing you August 20th to 25th, Vibram Week!

Steve Dodge, Maple Hill TD
Dave Jackson, Course Manager
Jeff LaGrassa, Scoring Director

Holy cow... that is spectacular! :eek:

An impromptu game he (Justin Celmer) came up with last year, while sitting around Dodge's house. He found the slips of paper used to draw tee times that had everyones info on em.

He says a hometown (and or a rating) and you have to guess the player. Justin is a natural born game show host. Should be pretty fun.

That sounds like Celmer to me. Good guy, glad I get to see him around. Best Beard on a Game Show Host Ever!

It appears that dgp.tv will be providing free live coverage of this event...? I have to admit that I'm a little baffled by this. If they're having problems staying afloat, why don't they use the same model that they used for worlds and charge people a fee to enter a viewing portal? I certainly would pay another $5 or whatever to see the Vibram, particularly if it meant more worlds type dgp.tv coverage in the future...

It appears that dgp.tv will be providing free live coverage of this event...? I have to admit that I'm a little baffled by this. If they're having problems staying afloat, why don't they use the same model that they used for worlds and charge people a fee to enter a viewing portal? I certainly would pay another $5 or whatever to see the Vibram, particularly if it meant more worlds type dgp.tv coverage in the future...

Depends on the deal with Vibram I'm sure. Vibram probably doesn't want to limit viewership numbers.

I don't think it's a matter of staying afloat that they PPV the Worlds coverage. I think they use a different viewing platform (todocast for worlds, livestream for others) and the extra cost is incurred there. My assumption (since I don't know for certain) is that todocast affords them some benefits that are really only necessary for Worlds due to the length of the event. They're on the air a lot longer each day (2 rounds @ 3.5-4 hours rather than 1 round @ 4-5 hours) and probably have a lot more overall viewers during a Worlds broadcast than a typical tournament.

Though I do agree with you, I'd rather they go to a PPV per event model if it means they can put more money into the operation and possibly increase the budget and continue to improve things.

Pay or not, though, I'm looking forward to the Vibram coverage this week.

Vibram Open Week!

Watch Online at VibramOpen.com (EST)
•Thursday: 2 PM to 7 PM - Follow Champion's Card, Day Wrapup
•Friday: 1 PM to 6 PM - Men's Lead Card, Day Wrapup
•Saturday: 1 PM to 6 PM - Men's Lead Card, Day Wrapup
•Sunday: 11 AM to 5 PM - Men's Finals, Women's Finals
Jeff,
Do you know if any of these braodcast will be archived and able to be viewed at a later date?

Thanks for the info.

i could be completely wrong but i not so sure DGPtv is running the camera through VO.com

There is only one live video feed at the tournament and it will be DGPtv. There's an embed code right underneath the window on DGPtv's livestream page which can be used anywhere. I have no doubt the DGP video feed will be embedded on vibramopen.com using that code. PDGA.com does the same thing on their front page with other DGPtv-covered tournaments.

i had read some post on the nefa thread about one of the locals running a camera for steve, hence the post.

i had read some post on the nefa thread about one of the locals running a camera for steve, hence the post.
I imagine that's for the DVD. Or the highlights show. Or even DGPtv itself. DGPtv doesn't really have a big staff of their own, and they don't all travel to every event, so they may be coordinating with Steve to get locals to man their cameras as well.

Just noticed I'm registered with a tee time of 1:20. Now that I'm in, how will I get there from SC in 21 hours?

I did not register... But heck, I'll play if I can find an insta-sponsor!

#vibramopen

Latest posts