• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

There will be some temporary OB lines and tweaks to the Lions layout for Worlds plus the Advanced division is not playing it. Since CP Adams will be exclusively used by Advanced, Lions is the only other mostly open course for other divisions to play to balance the rest of the more wooded courses in the mix.

Couldn't get permission from White Bear to use Lakewood for Worlds.

I hope Shakopee has improved a bunch since I last played it. Other than a few baskets close to water and the throw from the top of the hill it was not too fun or challenging.

I agree but I would not be surprised, and this is nothing more than just me thinking it, that it may include some or a lot of manufactured OB to make it more challenging.

Just make sure that other park goers understand what is happening out there. The last time I played there the boy scouts overran the pavilion and playground area, spilling into several fairways and were using a few baskets for their own non-dg related activities. As a fellow den leader, I was rather disappointed to see this disregard for other park goers especially since there were players on the course making it obvious that was what the baskets were for.

There will be some temporary OB lines and tweaks to the Lions layout for Worlds plus the Advanced division is not playing it. Since CP Adams will be exclusively used by Advanced, Lions is the only other mostly open course for other divisions to play to balance the rest of the more wooded courses in the mix.

Couldn't get permission from White Bear to use Lakewood for Worlds.

Seems like Elm would even be better IMO and more of a "professional" setting.. Lions park threw me off last time I was there I rememebered it as being great (when I first played as a noob) but went back last fall and was like WTF?!

... I was rather disappointed to see this disregard for other park goers especially since there were players on the course making it obvious that was what the baskets were for.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

lions park is fun and awesome dont get me wrong. always a good time out there. i just think the TC has better to offer...but i understand about getting permission and stuff

Three Rivers is hammering us for fees to use Bryant versus all other courses being used. So Elm Creek would ramp up costs and driving even more. It's not about having all courses be tough at Am Worlds, it's having an appropriate mix for all skill levels. Lions has concrete pads, Championship targets, sufficient parking, shelters, snack shop, rest room facilities and terrain unlike any other course. Plus if wind kicks up, an additional challenge. It also has the swimming pool as an option for players after their round on hot days.

plus the shakopee course is located between a fire station, a daycare, a elementary school, a graveyard, and a womens correctional facility! weird vibes all around.

im excited to see some paint and ob flags on the course, and if it is windy yerr all in trouble.

After going back through this thread I really really hope I can get in. I have a good friend who has played the last 2 AM worlds and is going one last time this year before turning pro. I'll be signing up or finding the waiting list the first possible day for non-invitees for sure!

Invitation Packets!

Any invitees get their invitation packets emailed to them. According to the schedule they were supposed to be emailed Wednesday. Not seen anything yet.

No problem. Remember it's a DRAFT. Based on previous years, we go through two or three revisions before the event to adjust the schedule based on how registration numbers for different divisions are coming in. So you can't 100% count on that exact schedule or even those exact courses. But hopefully we're close.

Question for you guys! when is the open registration date if you haven't gotten an email invite?

Latest posts