• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

Someone auctioned their players pack off on ddga in the room they got it last year and got 360 bucks, 3x the entry fee

Registration last year was the same price I think, and the players pack was valued at like $300, at least.

We each got a DD Ranger Bag (which retails at like $180) and 7 or 8 discs in it, plus a Dri-Fit Polo. And they gave away a disc every single round to the winner of every single card.

Discgolfscene and PDGA are in Eastern time zone. They run registration so EDT is my guess. Seeing the April 18th date doesn't surprise me with the invites going out late.

Sorry if it's been asked, but I couldn't find any info.

If I signed up for the PDGA before Dec 31 2013, but have never played in a sanctioned event, is there any chance I can play in the am worlds this year? I signed up thinking I had to bust my ass getting 500 before the tourney.

Sorry if it's been asked, but I couldn't find any info.

If I signed up for the PDGA before Dec 31 2013, but have never played in a sanctioned event, is there any chance I can play in the am worlds this year? I signed up thinking I had to bust my ass getting 500 before the tourney.

There will be open registration to fill any available spots not used by invitees starting on June 13, according to the schedule:

http://www.pdga.com/2014amworlds/registration

Mark your calendar and make sure you've taken the PDGA officials test!

According to that draft (if I am reading it correctly), MG1 is the only division playing six rounds and only 4 distinct layouts. The others have 5. Is this intentional or is this possibly a mistake in the printing of the draft?

It's because Chuck always gives GM's the worse possible scenarios in any Worlds he is involved with.
:D

Depending on the course mix and expected number of players, we'll sometimes schedule some of the older divisions (and youngest) with one less layout to practice than some of the younger divisions. In this draft for MG1, if you make the cut for the semis, you do play a fifth different course.

Depending on the course mix and expected number of players, we'll sometimes schedule some of the older divisions (and youngest) with one less layout to practice than some of the younger divisions. In this draft for MG1, if you make the cut for the semis, you do play a fifth different course.

Nevermind Aray. He just don't know better. :)

4 courses thru the week for MG1 is just fine. Not everybody is able to pre-play 90 holes. 72 makes it better. Besides (unlike some years), we got a nice selection of courses. The powers that be done good.

Ron

Update.

Registration has only been open for 12 hours.

As of 9:00am PDT 4/18/14 there are only 3 spots left for Advanced Masters, 3 spots left for Senior Grands and 3 spots for Legends.

If you know someone in those divisions that wants to play, let them know to sign up ASAP. These divisions WILL FILL TODAY!!

Update.

Registration has only been open for 12 hours.

As of 9:00am PDT 4/18/14 there are only 3 spots left for Advanced Masters, 3 spots left for Senior Grands and 3 spots for Legends.

If you know someone in those divisions that wants to play, let them know to sign up ASAP. These divisions WILL FILL TODAY!!

I just let my boy Charlie Chung in OK know and grabbed one of the last 3 spots on Sr GM.... 2 more and it's full!