• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

I've been having so much fun out fixing up courses (how often do you really get to actually put a basket in the ground yourself?), spotting, delivering daily prize discs, etc, I'm thinking about going to Kalamazoo just to volunteer. I haven't even had time to check in here for a while.
QUOTE]

I've averaged digging and installing about 15 baskets a year since 2010 :p

Certain people should have kept their nose out of worlds. There is a large group of very unhappy customers up around here and all of it points back at two people. One who made "necessary" unnecessary changes and another who has never ran a well attended or liked event. It is really sad to see Mn being represented by these two jokers. I hope the majority of people are enjoying themselves and taking something positive away from worlds. The Mn disc golf scene is way different than what is being repped at worlds though imo.

As someone playing in the tourney, it's one of the best run events I've been in. We start on time, results are quickly available, and all the TDs are available, friendly, and considerate. All the complaints I've heard are about the hotel chosen for tournament central -- except for the player's pack, but there's always complaints about that.

Certain people should have kept their nose out of worlds. There is a large group of very unhappy customers up around here and all of it points back at two people. One who made "necessary" unnecessary changes and another who has never ran a well attended or liked event. It is really sad to see Mn being represented by these two jokers. I hope the majority of people are enjoying themselves and taking something positive away from worlds. The Mn disc golf scene is way different than what is being repped at worlds though imo.

Never a lack of people willing to excorciate the people doing all the work in disc golf. I have zero knowledge of your complaints or the situation. Sack up and name names please, including yours.

Never a lack of people willing to excorciate the people doing all the work in disc golf. I have zero knowledge of your complaints or the situation. Sack up and name names please, including yours.

:hfive:

Personally don't hold a dog in the fight. But two days in a row CDs have been arriving with less than a half hour to go for tee off at three different courses. Players found out upon arrival that the event was trophy only, actually there are still folks asking about that. Which I agree it should be trophy only as it is AMATEUR Worlds. Also been hearing no water available. Also wrong scorecards at certain courses.

On the flip side, their are people going above and beyond trying to get it right. All of us know that people complain at all events, but with something of this magnitude and with the time they had to get it right I would think things would have gone much smoother.

The Facebook arguments are awesome. Especially when you poke the bear and watch people freak out (obvious troll is so obvious).

Nothing is easier than complaining. All I know is that things look intense on top of that advanced leader board. Where is the live video today?

Out of curiousity what was in the players pack - and what are people complaining about it?

See post #419 for content.

I think everyone was expecting a lot more after last year's incredible player pack. What was it? A ranger bag, nine discs, and more?

See post #419 for content.

I think everyone was expecting a lot more after last year's incredible player pack. What was it? A ranger bag, nine discs, and more?

I heard there was an order mixup where they were supposed to get the smaller bag but due to the error everyone got Rangers. Either way that players pack makes this one look pretty weak.

As someone playing in the tourney, it's one of the best run events I've been in. We start on time, results are quickly available, and all the TDs are available, friendly, and considerate. All the complaints I've heard are about the hotel chosen for tournament central -- except for the player's pack, but there's always complaints about that.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the accommodations. I have been told that the host hotel is normally a 2-3 star property each year for Worlds which is unfortunate. Now that I am older I generally like staying somewhere nicer for travel to tournaments but I would think the hotels are chosen for price rather than comfort or features. I got to know several people in Minneapolis over the past couple of years at one of my former clients and when I told them which property was going to be used as a host hotel, they both said to stay where I normally stay downtown near Nicolet Mall and the Target Center or at one of the airport hotels if I planned to attend. One of the people jokingly implied that if I planned to stay at the host hotel, make sure I get a tetanus shot before arriving.

Latest posts