• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Ozark Mountain Open

notroman

* Ace Member *
Looks like the new owner of the property had a positive experience with the tournament last fall and is okay with having Dave host more tournaments. I'm pretty stoked to see the show go on. To make things even better, this year's OMO will be a pro A-tier, am B-tier event! Now to count down the days until April... :clap:

I also find it awesome that Dave now offers discs from other manufacturers as payouts for Ams. Previously it was Gateway only, but now it looks like he's including Innova, Discraft, Lat64, Prodigy, etc. I saw that he did it at a tournament earlier this year as well.

VvaDYga.png

One of the most fun tourneys I've played, and a fantastic value for camping and competition on 3 great courses. I highly recommend this event for anyone in the midwest.

Several people I know had a blast there last fall. I may have to give this one a shot.

If I wasn't so busy this time of year I'd think about making a trip out of this.

Are the layouts pretty much the same? Are there any plans for teepads and better baskets?

Layouts are almost what you played. A few tweaks here and there because of some more clearing that was done. There are plans for better pads now that the new owner is developing the land. Not sure what (if anything) was done with the current pads over the winter.

The pads are a way bigger priority than the baskets imo, even the bullseyes and single chain ones weren't nearly as big an issue as the slanted rocky pads for me personally.

This tournament looks interesting. I'm sure we'll still have plenty of snow here in early April, so maybe my wife would like to go visit her sisters in Missouri that weekend.

Side note to TDs and poster designers, please include information about the location of your events in your promotional materials. From the reference to Logan University on the poster, I would have thought it was in Chesterfield, but alas, it's in Vichy. I had trouble finding the courses on DGCR since they are temporary courses and the default filter was not finding them. Don't just assume everyone knows your location.

Latest posts