• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

9-13 is up to the players. It would be EASY for them to play them in par. I can almost do it playing conservatively, and I suck. But if you're going for birdies, you risk blowing up. Do they NEED to shoot 3-4 under on those 5 holes to win? I don't think so. Are these guys smart enough to pick their spots?

I cant believe Brown, swearing on camera and dozens of 30 second violations going uncalled. :\

McBeth's round rating may not count due to being too low . .. has anyone won a >a tier with a rated round not good enough to count?

Feldberg flaming on McFly for NOT editing out the profanity when the players erupt....this is classic.

Is anyone else not a fan of Winthrop Gold-esque courses with a lot of OB? Personally I generally prefer playing courses without all of the water, rope, painted lines, and island holes. It's definitely exhilirating as a mix up though, and the USDGC is by far my favorite tournament to watch. But frankly I think that disc golf is usually punishing enough without it.

I would certainly not be a fan if the majority of events were held on that type of course, but seeing it at a couple big tournaments a year (this and the memorial) doesn't bother me at all. It does test a pretty big range of skills, and there are lots of other top level events that make those guys do the tight wooded line shaping.

qtpxLLo.jpg

If the players weren't cursing, it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe Dave should be focusing his efforts in that direction.

Is anyone else not a fan of Winthrop Gold-esque courses with a lot of OB? Personally I generally prefer playing courses without all of the water, rope, painted lines, and island holes. It's definitely exhilirating as a mix up though, and the USDGC is by far my favorite tournament to watch. But frankly I think that disc golf is usually punishing enough without it.

I would certainly not be a fan if the majority of events were held on that type of course, but seeing it at a couple big tournaments a year (this and the memorial) doesn't bother me at all. It does test a pretty big range of skills, and there are lots of other top level events that make those guys do the tight wooded line shaping.

Without the OB, these scores would be SILLY. You MUST have OB at a course like Winthrop. Also, that's part of the design. Wouldn't be the same course if you could just throw wherever you like. Think of holes 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 in particular.

If the players weren't cursing, it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe Dave should be focusing his efforts in that direction.

So much this. The top players are the only ones who would really benefit from sponsorship by someone like Gatorade, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to us casuals. If it's a big deal (and I don't personally think it is) then maybe the players should make the effort to not use that language (at least when they're near a camera).

Also, Gatorade doesn't seem to mind many of their sponsored athletes being shown cursing on TV every single game, I very much doubt this is the reason they're not sponsoring Feldberg...

To say that McFly doesn't help our sport is RIOTOUS. McFly brings great videos of big tourneys FAST -- no waiting MONTHS, just ONE DAY. To say that he isn't helping make our sport better is LAUGHABLE.

If players acted more professionally on the course, they'd probably be treated more professionally by potential sponsors.

Assuming that language is even a factor in their decision-making.

Watching and listening to web feed it seemed like McBeast didn't wait for the ruling and just decided to not move the spotters chair and "take it into his own hands"...

From what I understand and saw the above quote is what happened. The marshal didn't make the call he was on the way to do so but showed up as Mcbeth was throwing. Either way he should have thrown a provisional and sorted it out later, I never saw anyone pull out a rulebook either.

As far as the profanity, it's unacceptable and the group or Marshalls need to be issuing courtesy warnings.

Last edited:
"I just watched the video from YESTERDAY and am ABHORRED that McFly didn't take an extra day to edit the audio of top-class touring professional athletes murmuring under their breath."

Also, aren't most parents and potential sponsors going to know exactly what the beeps or silent spots are about if Marty did edit the cursing? Blocking it on the video only prevents you from hearing it on the video. The observant viewer is still going to recognize it for what it is AND that being on the course with these players is going to put them and their children in a position to hear the curse words un-edited.

Go after the source if you think it's such an issue.

Latest posts