• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Beaver State Fling presented by Keen Footwear

Looks like McBeth for the win. Unless the live hole by hole scoring is lying to me. Took him 3 holes but the monkey is off the back in playoffs with Will

Looks like McBeth for the win. Unless the live hole by hole scoring is lying to me. Took him 3 holes but the monkey is off the back in playoffs with Will

The beaver state fling monkey is definitely off his back. Way to go Paul!

So nobody eagles 9 and 10 today except Paul? Beyond awesome.

Had to put the lowest score on the board to give himself a shot and he did exact that. He's an incredible player.

It's funny...Tiger Woods in all his major wins has never come from behind. He was always the consummate play from the front of the pack guy. Paul, on the other hand, is almost more dangerous playing from behind on the final day. He's great with a lead, but is there any lead that's truly safe from him on the last day of a tournament? Double-digits, maybe? But how often is he in that position?

I wish Will had hung in there, and not bogeyed 17. What happened?

Anyway, Paul McBeth. What more can you say?

Had to put the lowest score on the board to give himself a shot and he did exact that. He's an incredible player.

It's funny...Tiger Woods in all his major wins has never come from behind. He was always the consummate play from the front of the pack guy. Paul, on the other hand, is almost more dangerous playing from behind on the final day. He's great with a lead, but is there any lead that's truly safe from him on the last day of a tournament? Double-digits, maybe? But how often is he in that position?

Well sure. But does anyone ever sucess fully catch HIM? He usually plays from behind, but I can't think of an example where he got a decent lead but got cought.

Crazy things today:

Jessica Weese wins her first NT event ever
Scott Stokely wins his first ever NT event as a Masters player. Probably his biggest win in over two decades.
Paul McBeth wins his latest NT. He has finished the final round of every NT and Major this year in 1st or tied for 1st. The Memorial is the only one he hasn't won and was also decided by a playoff.

Damn good day in disc golf today.

giphy.gif

McBeast vs. Shoestrings

He certainly has a chance. But he'll likely need to be perfect to win.

Come on Will!!

Ricky and Will are battling. Nate and Paul won't quit.

Remember what I said about Paul playing perfect? :wall:

^Yea, exactly. :sick:

Shaking my head.

Will has taken back the lead!

Paul is done, one back of Will. He just has to hold Ricky off...

Son of a....

Please tell me 18 is birdie-able.

Playoff! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.......................

I wish Will had hung in there, and not bogeyed 17. What happened?

Anyway, Paul McBeth. What more can you say?

Whatya gonna do brother, when McBeastmode runs all over you!!!!????

someone posted earlier that Paul looked out of contention. I won't quote it. I'm sure you feel silly enough. ha.

someone posted earlier that Paul looked out of contention. I won't quote it. I'm sure you feel silly enough. ha.

I know I did, but for some reason when I posted I thought yesterday was the final round :doh:

Dang you Streets and your confounded quoting. :D

I mean yea. McBeast. Period.

Speaking of Nikko, did he throw any MVP today? :\

And how 'bout Nate Doss, nearly catching the leaders with a -10 round.

Everyone elevated their game today. Except poor Simon. :|

Just getting caught up on the thread/tourney. You run out of superlatives to throw at Mcbeth's ability to find another gear. How can you hate on an athlete that gets the most out of his game almost every time a championship is on the line. Another sunday with McBeth shooting the best round in the field.

Well sure. But does anyone ever sucess fully catch HIM? He usually plays from behind, but I can't think of an example where he got a decent lead but got cought.

He had the lead entering the final round of the USDGC last year. One stroke, but still, a lead.

Again, I wasn't trying to say one is better off chasing him than being chased by him. Just that he, more than any other player on tour right now, seems to have the ability to be in contention to win a tournament whether he enters the final round in the lead, on the lead card, or on a chase card. It's not often the winner of a tournament doesn't come off the lead card these days, particularly at the NTs and majors. Unless it's Paul.

Latest posts