• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open coverage thread/split from Tournament thread

:wall::wall::wall: euro open site blocked at work and no twitter either :wall::wall::wall:

If any one is bored and feels like updating here then :hfive:

I know we're been spoiled with live streaming and the next day vids, but i LIKE being spoiled

With chat disabled on the YouTube channel, how am I supposed to complain that there's no audio?

(and within 15 seconds, audio is restored. Thanks DGCR!!)

Give them a little break. They don't have the experience of Smashboxx.TV! I AM KIDDING! They will get it all sorted out in time.

That is a big disadvantage of not having chat. No one to yell at you that you are screwing up. I love our chat community.

Much bettter....I feel like a junkie that just got his 'fix'. Thanks Jamie and good work!

Did ANYONE get ANY film today? Any of you Euros get even some cell phone video? I mean, come on, it's in NOKIA, so surely someone got some phone footage...

I'm guessing since spintv is the one who's filming we won't get to see any coverage til the final roundround. Kinda sucks

Yeah, gotta say I'm disappointed, but then I've grown spoiled with all the disc golf coverage... Thanks for the link, regardless.

I'm guessing since spintv is the one who's filming we won't get to see any coverage til the final roundround. Kinda sucks

Agreed, but I believe- you, in the spirit of your avatar, should finish this post(and every post?) with: ".... burn this building to the ground..."

Last edited:
SpinTV had video highlights of the Presidents Cup during their wrapup show. I'd expect to see atleast highlights during the shows each night.

Hopefully there will be something. In the past there has not been

Really disappointed in lack of Live coverage. Yes it's costly but IMO its more costly (missed opportunity) to not for such a large event. Main sponsors would've probably paid for it through higher sponsorship $. I venture to say (at the risk of being naysayed) that they didn't even try to set it up. The Finnish TV is only playing it because it's popular there and it's held there. Heck, you know i'd probably even pay a subscription to the company that offers Live video of all N/T and Majors. But that takes away from the Freemium business model...whereby you obtain large viewership (in this case) and get sponsors logos/commercials shown to more faces. Geez, I just wanna feed my addiction at work...but maybe I should work now :).

People in the states complain about live coverage... when I got up at 6AM, McBeth, in one of the last groups, was on hole 3 already. While it's nice to have coverage, the time change is drastically different and the viewing base will be rather limited by the hour of viewing stateside. There will be round video on TheSpinTV.com as soon as it is processed.

Lack of any coverage is disappointing, I wouldn't say lack of live coverage is the issue.

Where is the presidents cup? I know the first round just completed hours ago but there should be some footage of the battle amongst nations.

Also, ridiculous they (PDGA and EO) keep advertising the broadcast schedule...use different wording than broadcast. Yes I know they typically say Live if it's just that, but come on...this is hardly close to a broadcast in the true definition. Eh, oh well...I guess maybe Jussi will hop back on here at some point and look at the feedback/discussion...thats what i'm hoping for at least. I'm still VERY impressed by the event as a whole, just wish I could feel more a part of it.

I'd probably pay over $50 but under $100 to have a subscription to watch Majors/NTs for a given year, depending on the number of events of course. Nothing too fancy, just a single camera following the lead card with no commentary or graphics.
I'd want to be able to watch either as live as it can get (if not possible due to signal) or to have access to watch when I can, and be able to go back to earlier broadcasts.
Ok , maybe I would pay $100 for a season, like 6-8 events. Would be less than what it cost to buy the Clash DVD series.

Anybody got links to official full round coverage?

... or bootleg full round coverage?

Really disappointed in lack of Live coverage. Yes it's costly but IMO its more costly (missed opportunity) to not for such a large event. Main sponsors would've probably paid for it through higher sponsorship $. I venture to say (at the risk of being naysayed) that they didn't even try to set it up. The Finnish TV is only playing it because it's popular there and it's held there. Heck, you know i'd probably even pay a subscription to the company that offers Live video of all N/T and Majors. But that takes away from the Freemium business model...whereby you obtain large viewership (in this case) and get sponsors logos/commercials shown to more faces. Geez, I just wanna feed my addiction at work...but maybe I should work now :).

Jesus yall people are ungrateful! Its only been about 2 years that we've gotten anything close to consistent, readily available coverage for SOME of the big events. And really only the 2015 season that we've have coverage for basically everything.

Also, the speculation is ridiculous. You're GUESSING that it would have been easy and a slam dunk, and since you've decided it would have been a piece of cake then clearly nobody even tried. Give me a freaking break :wall: