• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open coverage thread/split from Tournament thread

PaulW, I agree with you. Everyone would like to see full round coverage. But, if Jussi thinks that this is the best way to present, then go for it.

For anyone, present self included, that missed the live coverage, is there somewhere that we can re-watch it?

so is this viewable for a replay or was it live only? A bit too early for me on the west coast.

In the previous years the coverage has been available for viewing after the tournament. We'll see what happens this time.

I missed most of the drama leading up to this -- almost a coincidence I got to watch the live coverage, it was well done but obviously there's a way different goal than just showing it to us 5 or 10 thousand youtubers. Obviously there's way different objectives in Europe just by looking at their courses. Never understand complaining about what someone else does with their money, it's always a misguided rant. It's not your money, sit down and be quiet.
You're so casual bro. Just makes me appreciate the crews we have in the states. Can you imagine if they had that big budget? Great things would happen. Latitude 64 did a good job at the Scandinavian Open, but I'm ready for our pros to be back.

McBeast wins another Major against a solid field playing a whopping 4+ points per round above his player rating. The guy is unbelievable.

McBeast wins another Major against a solid field playing a whopping 4+ points per round above his player rating. The guy is unbelievable.

And apparently, he is injured or something. So it's even more amazing that he was able to hold on. (Although Ricky, unfortunately, helped him out)

Now we wait for TheSpinTV's final round coverage.

McBeth hurt his back after he lost his footing and slipped on a shot in the third round. They showed it on the Insider Show for day three.

serious question:

When comparing payouts between the EO and Scandinavian Open, the SO paid out more and deeper.

EO: 128 MPO / 49 spots paid / $4,480 to 1st / $1,000+ to top 7
SO: 144 MPO / 60 spots paid / $7,500 to 1st / $1,000+ to top 15

I thought the EO was the "more premier" event of the two historically (or at least in my head) and just assumed it would have a larger purse.

I assume it just came down to sponsorship monies raised/contributed ... but was just curious as to if there were other reasons?

5-10k YT viewers? lol.

…2015 Maple Hill Open - Round 4 - Paul McBeth, Ricky Wysocki, Gregg Barsby, David Wiggins
by smashboxxtv
•2 weeks ago

In all fairness, I don't know how they count views, but I've watched that one several times, starting, stopping, forwarding to a certain spot, etc, etc. lol..

34,513?
In reality, the slice of people that watch DG on YT is so small that it barely registers.
For example, I see old military documentaries that have been VCR'd and transferred to YT and the quality is horrible, and it has over a million views.
The link provided for Simon's cat got like 28 million views? Unbelievable...

In all fairness, I don't know how they count views, but I've watched that one several times, starting, stopping, forwarding to a certain spot, etc, etc. lol..

They don't count unique views, just totals, but still...unless everyone watched it 6 times (low end estimate) or 3.2 times (high end) there was still more than 10,000 people watching it in all

Bogus title of my last post. my last post was originally going to be about how the insider show didn't show ricky's four approaches on 16 final round. What they did have, I enjoyed. But even though it was the european open, this is 'murica! I want more!

Latest posts