• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Minnesota Majestic

Broken Shoulder

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
It was about this time last year that I registered for the 2014 Majestic, which was nice because it allowed me to really pre-plan my vacation request to make sure I could play.

Anyone know anything? Will someone else be running the tournament this year? (That question has no judgment in it whatsoever. I don't get to play many tournaments and will be playing regardless, assuming my schedule allows it.)

Hopefully, we don't have two consecutive 27-hole monsoon rounds like last year. Putting in shin deep water at BRP was...interesting. :)

I think Cale is running it this year, and I heard an end of May date mentioned but can't confirm that.

Two days only, May 30-31, run by Cale Leiviska of Airborn Disc Golf Emporium. Format still being worked out. No registration details or timing yet.

I see the host cities are listed as East Bethel and Bloomington.

East Bethel makes sense with Blue Ribbon Pines and the rumored "Red Ribbon Pines". Added note- Cale posted some pictures of the course being worked on and said AMs would be playing it on Sunday.

The Bloomington location threw me off, unless that is where hotels and check-in will be? With Hyland being closed till 2016, that leaves Bryant Lake and Moir Park near by. But I can't see this tourney moving away from KP/Valley/Kenwood etc courses.

Any thoughts on the courses this year? Anyone in the know with an idea of the confirmed list?

From the Airborne page:

Airborn Disc Golf and Blue Ribbon Pines are proud hosts of the Minnesota Frisbee Association's 2015 Minnesota Majestic!

On May 30th & 31st Disc Golfers will take to some of Minnesota's premier disc golf courses, the fields will be capped at 120 Amateurs and 120 Pros. This A-tier event is sanctioned by the Professional Disc Golf Association and is on its 28th year! Players will spend one day in the Twin Cities and one in East Bethel, MN; exact courses and schedules will be released soon. This year's Amateur divisions will see top heavy payouts, with huge players packs! The Pro divisions will see payouts that far exceed the guidelines in place for A-tier tournaments. Registered players must be PDGA current by May 1st. A wait list will be made available if any division fills up.

Open Pro- $125
Master Pro- $100
Open Pro Women- $100

Advanced Amateur- $75
Advanced Women- $75
Advanced Masters- $75
Intermediate Amateur- $75

I don't have enough in PayPal, so chose the Phone-In order option... and no one answers. Ha.
Hoping I can improve my finish in Advanced this year...

With intermediate filling up already, will people be bumped up to adv at a certain rating to open up space for the wait list? I got a buddy who missed out on registration and was curious how that worked.

With intermediate filling up already, will people be bumped up to adv at a certain rating to open up space for the wait list? I got a buddy who missed out on registration and was curious how that worked.

Doubt it.

Competition Manual 2.1 K All "Bump" rules are invalid and not allowed at PDGA sanctioned events. Players shall be allowed to play in any divisions they might be eligible for, if those divisions are offered by the Tournament Director.

Latest posts