• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Minnesota Majestic

Entry list is up! Cale is the only heavy hitter in the MPO so far. A bunch of 970s but no other 1000+ rated yet... Nice to see a bunch of familiar names entered! Gonna be a great time!

What are some good warmup events in MN leading up to the Majestic? I know of the Minnesota AM championships, but is there anything else?

Really hoping to use the MN Spring Opener at CP Adams in late March and the Viper Acorn/Lakewood Open in April to get the tournament nerves out of the way. Does anyone know if these events will be held for 2015?

The 2015 list of events was posted on Twin Cities Disc Golf group on FB the other day.

Not that I'm aware. You may not like Facebook, but that's where much of the good DG info is migrating.

I thought I saw the PDGA has a rule where the TD couldn't compete in an A tier? I hope Cale can compete and host a awesome event.

TDs cannot compete in A-tiers. However, what happens sometimes is the TD turns over the TD title to the Assistant TD right before the event so they can play. The Assistant TD makes the rulings as needed, especially in the division the TD is playing in.

Cale is the name draw as the td name of the event. I can guarantee Jason will be running the event and will do a great job of it.

Played both courses, the new one is sweet! Knock on wood - weather looks perfect for the weekend!

Will there be video coverage of the Majestic??

I felt pretty good about my conservative play at the new course, with a -1 for the round but I want to see some of the top players annihilate some of those par 3.5s!

Right - hoping there is video coverage of VQ, and hoping to see top AMs do some WORK on that course!

Played VQ this morning. You can tell a ton of work has gone into that course. And I really like the carpet tees.
Thinking back now, I threw a lot of turnovers and flicks. Pretty good lefty/righty balance. Pretty tight gaps off some of the tees, and some placement golf through the middle of the course. I liked it.

Now I mow the yard and rest my tired old a$$ for Saturday. :)

Played VQ this morning. You can tell a ton of work has gone into that course. And I really like the carpet tees.
Thinking back now, I threw a lot of turnovers and flicks. Pretty good lefty/righty balance. Pretty tight gaps off some of the tees, and some placement golf through the middle of the course. I liked it.

Now I mow the yard and rest my tired old a$$ for Saturday. :)
What is the deal with VQ? Is it owned by the same folks as BRP (Sounds like it is relatively close)?

Will it ever be opened up for pay-to-play traffic? Or is it more of a private club?

Any maps/scorecards?