• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

30 seconds AFTER someone calls it.

After someone calls what?

Rule states you have 30 seconds after arriving at the lie and the area is free and clear of distractions. Nikko didn't appear to be waiting for spectators to move out of the way or anything. He took a full 30 seconds after he took his stance to throw that 3rd shot. This after taking about 10 seconds to mark the lie, choose his disc, and take a breath or two.

If it were an isolated incident, I wouldn't say anything. But he consistently pushes 30 seconds on pretty much every putt. Sometimes it's 25ish seconds, sometimes it's 30ish, sometimes 32-33. But he's very deliberate, and pushes the limit a lot.

Not to sound poopy, but Crazy is driving me just that. They need to incorporate a little quiet time.

Why don't you all go play with yourselfs outside if you're just going to complain? Or maybe go have a snickers?

Moser will definitely make a run, if not win it outright. His rating is a little bit lower than his skill level, as he does not practice at all. However, leading up to worlds he has been practicing alot which will greatly increase his chances

The only tourney spectating I've ever done was at the 2007 WV Open. Moser won and was a pleasure to watch...as were the other guys on the card, including Brad Schick (in the men's open division at world's, btw) and Tony Ellis. Looking forward to ending my spectator drought this Friday. :)

Baby meltdown with the bogey on 16. Also a very very liberal 30-second clock on his 3rd shot (I had him releasing at about 40 seconds myself).

Yeah I enjoyed watching him kicking dirt and weeds on 16, just a baby meltdown for sure. He did drop an F Bomb on 18 though also. Classic Nikko.

I wish he'd stop talking in the middle of players putting strokes. Even if they can't hear him it feels very unnatural to hear someone talking in the middle of a shot. When mcbeth missed his putt on 18 He decided to comment that he was "standing over mcbeths left shoulder" right in the middle of Mcbeths backstroke after like 30 sec's of silence. Why not just wait till after he putts to talk?

Recap on Will's lie under the bridge? Could he have played it from up top?

Recap on Will's lie under the bridge? Could he have played it from up top?

No. The ground under the bridge is a playing surface. If the disc is on a playing surface, you play from that playing surface.

They got it correct...Crazy had it wrong. Fortunately they didn't listen to him.

That's what I thought. I'd expect Will to know the rules and there wasn't a lot of discussion on how to play it besides from crazy.

Should be dead on. Which shows the problem with the rating system.

To beat the 1132 record, it would take a score of 44 (-23). Three holes were eagled that round which would get you to -21 if you birdied everything else. That means you need to find two more eagles out there which there is just no way to do.

Not every course deserves to earn the distinction of "greatest round ever played." I can shoot an 18 down at my local pitch and putt, and I wouldn't complain that it wasn't rated 1100+.

Not every course deserves to earn the distinction of "greatest round ever played." I can shoot an 18 down at my local pitch and putt, and I wouldn't complain that it wasn't rated 1100+.
Pitch and Putts are far more likely to boast 1100 rated rounds than courses with higher SSA. The higher the SSA the harder it or more impossible it is because the ratings get compressed.

Latest posts