• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

had a blast there all week and even more fun actually getting to play the course yesterday.. played it very very well .. for my standards lol .. looking at projections my par would have been somewhere around 90ish .. shot an 82 and was pretty stoked but i played it very very very safe.. i was laying up on about everything lol

Hatchet, were you filming the MJ/Climo card the last day?
Yes I was. The weather was brutal for shooting! Somewhere along the line my microphone broke & I lost all sound for the rest of the shoot! nasty conditions to shoot video to say the least but even more difficult for the players! Props to all who made it through that long-a$$ round! lol

Yes I was. The weather was brutal for shooting! Somewhere along the line my microphone broke & I lost all sound for the rest of the shoot! nasty conditions to shoot video to say the least but even more difficult for the players! Props to all who made it through that long-a$$ round! lol

I thought that was you! I should have mentioned something. Me and my dad followed that card most of the day until around 15/16 and then we just followed the chase into 18! Yeah, that weather was horrible!

It's mindblowing that McBeth can shoot just under his rating (1051.75 vs hit rating of 1053) and still win the USDGC by 5 strokes.

just now watching the final round.

Curious to know if Sexton has ever dropped his disc while doing his pre-shot flipping routine.
If so would that be considered to be a stroke

Oh, and look at the extreme compression of ratings on round 4. 14 point difference between a 61 (1064 rated) and a 64 (1050 rated).

I'm watching the 3rd round coverage right now. It seems to me that he's throwing a lot of the same discs/lines off the box. Definitely seems like the kind of guy who attacks the course the way he's practiced it.

Shame to see Hole 17 play out the way it did for Wysocki. I can only imagine the pressure you would feel lining up your shot on the tee. Especially after that HUGE putt on 16 for par from McBeth. I don't care how accustomed these Pros are to pressure, that had to be a tough tee off.

For those of you that have not played Winthrop Gold, the walk from H16 to H17 is probably close to 1000ft, uphill. Even when you haven't been slogging through a rain-soaked 10,000+ft course all day, it will make everyone huff and puff a little. I know Paul works on conditioning, so maybe that gave him a bit of an advantage when he stepped up on H17's tee.

It is a lot more difficult than people can imagine! Luckily the guys in the media group really enjoy doing this type of thing! Glutton for punishment comes to mind. Thank you to all who support us! HH

Saturday was brutal! I ended up just throwing away my shoes and socks after the round. Just glad my camera didn't get fried from the rain. Great meeting you in Rock Hill!

It's mindblowing that McBeth can shoot just under his rating (1051.75 vs hit rating of 1053) and still win the USDGC by 5 strokes.

I think JT mentioned during the Insider Show that the winners for the last 6 or 7 years averaged 1055 golf over the 4 rounds. Interesting to see how true it ended up being.

From an outsider's perspective, it just looks hokey and inexact* to put down a mini and then do a full run-up. It hit home the most on holes like #5 and #11 and #13, or if the first shot hit something early and then the players gets to recover with a full run-up in the fairway.

Second, stand&deliver forces the players to demonstrate a separate skill --- that is, we've already seen them drive with a full run-up, and we see them putt, so let's also separate the fairway shot, instead of just repeating the driving skill.

These two things would make it more legitimate and compelling to the viewer.

And from a competition perspective, these long multi-shot holes would be so much more challenging with a forced S&D. Well, they'd be more challenging for people who can't S&D very well. So, you know, having more skills gains you an advantage --- just the way it should be.

*As players, we know that the player is SUPPOSED to be very exact (on LOP within 30cm), but we also know it doesn't happen sometimes.

**To avoid confusion: My definition of S&D allows a follow-through after release --- just no run-up allowed.

yuck

yeah ... :gross:

hell golf should get more into the happy Gilmore side of teeing off I think it would add some WOW factor. :p

just now watching the final round.

Curious to know if Sexton has ever dropped his disc while doing his pre-shot flipping routine.
If so would that be considered to be a stroke

I haven't looked in a while but isn't there a distance factor specifically to address dropped discs?

Latest posts