• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Solitude Open Presented by MVP

Layout

Looks like you mostly cleared it up, but the layout was as follows. Some divisions played only the original 18 holes, others played 4 additional holes. Also, at least one division (intermediate women) played different (easier) tees. Sunday had some safari holes. Apparently, the highlight was Eagle making 2 on a 950+ hole (Downhill 200' or so). I understand a video is coming, but it will be awhile.

How does this disc flip so late? It seems to defy logic, but I've also never thrown even close to that altitude, or that downhill before.

Makes sense. It's so cool to see a disc just ride out that far.

How does this disc flip so late? It seems to defy logic, but I've also never thrown even close to that altitude, or that downhill before.

This reminds me of a shot my buddy threw off the cliff at Mountain Lake DGC in Pembroke, VA by hole 15
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=6420&p=30a24343

He started it as a big flex shot. His disc turned over and back about 3 times until it ran out of gas about 100' above the trees at the bottom of the mountain. At that point it turned onto its edge and fell straight down. It must have traveled half a mile.

Before anyone says "video or it didn't happen", I have a video, I just don't know how to post it and the disc is only visible on the video for about a second because it is a cell phone video.:doh:

The 150g Teebird probably gained speed as it was affected by gravity as it fell/flew to the ground. That increased speed due to gravity probably made the disc turn so late in its flight. Pretty neat video. I have thrown this hole once and lost two discs way out to the left.:doh:

Latest posts