• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 MPO Worlds - Augusta

Just checked out the females scores, and a slight trend (older disc golfers) going on w/Elaine King shooting the second hottest round in their pool. She and Val are 3 off of Paige. I am sure tomorrow will move her around a bit, but still, that is pretty darn impressive. I still think Paige is going to turn it up tomorrow and put a lot of strokes between her and whoever ends up second after tomorrows 18.

What happened to Avery? When was the last time he was a contender for lead cards at Majors? Kind of the same thing with eMac. They both get a world title, and then never reach that top pinnacle level thereafter.

both spent plenty of years on the road grinding it out on their way to those wins. Eventually I think its nice to have a home other than your car/RV. Both still work in disc golf- if they can get paid and help grow the game we as fans should totally encourage them. I know emac and his gf just bought a house and Avery is a Dad and got married last year. Pretty tough to put in the practice and tournament time needed to compete for a worlds win when you have real world responsibilities. Also, having a guaranteed paycheck is ALOT less stressful

side note: this is one reason why I think masters should be 50+, its often a change in responsibilities vs physical changes that cause a drop in skill as players get older.

side note: this is one reason why I think masters should be 50+, its often a change in responsibilities vs physical changes that cause a drop in skill as players get older.

Why would that change anything at all since 40+ and 50+ can typically share similar ratings on the pro side.

Just checked out the females scores, and a slight trend (older disc golfers) going on w/Elaine King shooting the second hottest round in their pool. She and Val are 3 off of Paige. I am sure tomorrow will move her around a bit, but still, that is pretty darn impressive. I still think Paige is going to turn it up tomorrow and put a lot of strokes between her and whoever ends up second after tomorrows 18.

I believe the Navy course is longer and more open, which should give some advantage to PP and possibly Cat.

Same in the MPO, longer throwers may pick up some strokes on Thursday, and disadvantage shorter, more accurate throwers.

But on both sides, only time will tell...

I believe the Navy course is longer and more open, which should give some advantage to PP and possibly Cat.

Same in the MPO, longer throwers may pick up some strokes on Thursday, and disadvantage shorter, more accurate throwers.

But on both sides, only time will tell...

Yep, EK can still play, but simply doesn't have the length of some of the younger players. Watched the GCC earlier this year and the holes were too long for her.

Shout out to a local "kid" making his 'Hello World" debut... Adam Hammes -6 T16 ... way to go Little Buddy!!!

I've been fortunate to have been able to witness Adam's development over the last 6 years. Pretty cool to watch someone who knows what they want, and then actually commit to doing the work it takes to achieve their goals.

You heard it here... kid's gonna make a name for himself in this sport ... Hambone! :)

Paige birdies 6 out of 8 holes to open a six stroke lead. Looking to run away with her 4th title (every odd year 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017??)