• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 PDGA AM/JR World Championships

Last years point changes mid way through the season really messed up things for players this year. If you let BG, Am nats, 16 worlds, GBO pass, then got the new number newsm you almost had no shot to get the needed points, so that might hurt early qualifying. Especially if you are in an area where there aren't lots of events. This year people have been able to plan for 2018 unless there are more changes.
No discussion I'm aware of regarding points increases and also no discussion on changing/improving reg process.

Excited about this tournament. Looking for any course knowledge from those who have played before. Thoughts/ feelings on courses? WL, C1, C2, EA, RH?

West Lake Longs looks tough, and I've heard Camden 2 is a great course...

Those are very different from eachother, but both awesome courses that stack up well with ones I've played that are listed in the top 25 here on DGCR.

The sneaky thing about WL is that it tries to seduce big arms into going for huge drives all the time. People who use some judgement and stay within their reliable skill set can score surprisingly well versus the field. Because the hero shots often get punished badly, and that quickly adds big numbers. So pick your spots wisely, don't be the one constantly trying for a Sportscenter highlight from the tee, then another Sportscenter highlight from the rough.

C2 is almost all wooded with lots of elevation, but the fairways are very fair with clear lines. The rough is not nearly as rough as WL. There are still lots of playable lines if you get off the main fairway, unlike WL where even a pitchout to the fairway can be a challenge. The course design and maintenance at C2 is impeccable.

The other courses are good courses, but more standard, and prior knowledge/practice probably isn't as critical.

Some good overviews on courses from ISUME and others. What about Credit Island, Prospect, and Middle Park?

CI is long and flat. You either get windy conditions or buggy conditions.

Prospect has a good mix of shots off the tee box, make sure to spot path OBs before throwing.

Middle has you throwing every disc in your bag. Start in the open and finish coming out of the woods with elevation mixed in throughout.

I don't believe MA1 plays Credit Island or Middle, which is a shame. Credit Island is very long, FLAT, and extraordinarily buggy. Middle meanwhile, has good elevation change and a good mix of shots. Middle has a few holes that water will be a factor on. Namely hole #10. I would recommend not trying to cross the creek on your tee shot and just playing for a 3. It's 50/50 at best you will make it across the creek and 85% of the shots I see that actually make it across, the person misses there putt anyways. Also, when it comes to your practice schedule, Middle Park has pretty distinct lines that pretty much dictate how to throw. I would practice Camden II the most as there are more nuances that should be fleshed out.

Prospect has a good mix of shots off the tee box, make sure to spot path OBs before throwing.

This is excellent advice. Prospect has a lot of elevation change and LOTS of sneaky walking paths that are OB. Oftentimes they cannot be spotted from the teebox. If you are not careful, you can throw the exact shot you want, end up where you want, but be on/over a path.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated! I am MM1, which is why I'm asking about these other courses. We are playing Camden 2 twice!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks BuiltTooLong and ISUME for the info. I will definitely make sure to play Camden 2 ...

I will have limited time to practice these, so trying to prioritize which ones are the most important. Our course rotation goes MI, C2, C2, CR, EA, PR, CR

Other than Camden 2, sounds like Prospect and Credit are the two I should try and get rounds in on? Prospect because of trickiness and Credit only because I need to play it twice (assuming I make it to semis). I will try to at least walk them all before playing, but I guess I am asking if I had to play any blind, which ones would be the easiest to do so? Based on what I have seen, seems like MI, EA, and CR are the most straight-forward?

I watched video yesterday of Credit and Prospect. Even though I play Credit twice, I won't practice there. Seems the most straight forward and boring course I've ever seen at Worlds. Super flat, open, and just long enough that I won't get any deuces. Only scoring separation there is for guys who can park 390 shots.

I'll be practicing at MI, EA, and PR...

Cool, I guess I will be practicing MI, C2, and PR for sure ... thanks for the tips! :hfive:

Walking the Final 9 at WL today. I couldn't figure out hole 6. Has anyone looked at this? Maybe it's me.

Walking the Final 9 at WL today. I couldn't figure out hole 6. Has anyone looked at this? Maybe it's me.

My opinion, just from local course knowledge...
The map looks like it's played from 13 long tee to 9 basket.
I've seen that used before as an alternate layout hole.

Excited about this tournament. Looking for any course knowledge from those who have played before. Thoughts/ feelings on courses? WL, C1, C2, EA, RH?

West Lake Longs looks tough, and I've heard Camden 2 is a great course...

Camden 2 is one of the most beautiful and challenging courses I've ever played. Top 25 for sure! :thmbup: