• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 USDGC

While 3 eagles would be awesome, I'm not buying that until he turns in the scores after 18.

Ricky must've tried to drive the green for an eagle on 9... The real play there is flick to the ballfield fence... take relief and then it's a putter to the green for easy birdie. Maybe he's thinking for for it on first day and safer down the stretch depending on how far ahead or behind you are.

So I guess that's what makes it a cool hole... can easily be birdied with conservative route, but an eagle is on the table if you have the stones to go for it.

2 of the holes are definitely eagleable, I guess 10 is now, too? Ricky showing eagle on 10 as well.

10, at least in the configuration it's been in the last few years, has always been very eagle-able. All you have to do is go for the green and make it. Something a lot of these guys are very capable of doing.

And today's the day to be aggressive and go for it. Come Friday and Saturday, it might be more prudent to play conservative if in contention.

A little bit more about Kevin Jones for you guys. He's from Arkansas, along with myself, and has been a great golfer since he was a kid here. He got away from the sport for a while which scared sponsors off. When I got the gig with Prodiscus, he was the first player I reached out to because I knew his potential. He started his tour in July after being gone on a mission trip during the first part of the year. Since then, he has slowly improved. He has a cannon.

Latest posts