• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Beaver State Fling - Amateur Lottery

Bullseye

A Quick Reminder...

The Beaver State Fling Amateur Lottery closes on March 26th at 11:59 pm. So if you have any interest at all in playing the premiere event in the Pacific Northwest, get you name in the hat! We will cull the duplicates, pull the names and inform the the lucky ones shortly thereafter.

(FYI: So far we have 533 Amateurs in the lottery of which 50 are women. )

I somehow made the am lottery! Looking forward to being back in Portland this June!

Info about Am Lottery?

Did you find out by getting an email?
Is there anything online to see the status of the Am lottery?

Last edited:
Whoever films and edits that coverage gonna be some long days. Milos not a short course. At least weather should be good, knock on wood.

When I'm done at Milo it's miller time, or relax by dipping the dogs in the river... not hotel editing. Props to the dedicated few! Can't wait to see it.

I think CCDG didn't film the first round last year but I could be wrong.

Nvm, I must be remembering a different event.

Last edited:
So is this tourney shotgun start on the pro side? For some reason I recall it being tee times when I went 2 years ago.

So is this tourney shotgun start on the pro side? For some reason I recall it being tee times when I went 2 years ago.

Only on Friday, because they are playing 2 rounds. There will be tee times for Saturday and Sunday.

I think it's two rounds shotgun start on friday and then one round a day tee times saturday and sunday

Am side is two rounds of tee times on Saturday and one round Sunday

We're on MPO, Jomez on FPO all weekend. I'm not sure about filming the first round this year. We did it last year, and try as we might, we couldn't get both rounds done on Friday, so everything was a day later than normal. It doesn't help the 2nd round is so late we don't get back to my folks house until 8 pm or so. That, and the earlyish start Saturday (11am I think?) don't help. Leaning towards skipping round 1. Jomez is as well pretty sure.

We're on MPO, Jomez on FPO all weekend. I'm not sure about filming the first round this year. We did it last year, and try as we might, we couldn't get both rounds done on Friday, so everything was a day later than normal. It doesn't help the 2nd round is so late we don't get back to my folks house until 8 pm or so. That, and the earlyish start Saturday (11am I think?) don't help. Leaning towards skipping round 1. Jomez is as well pretty sure.

That's such a bummer, but I understand the reasoning. Any idea why they do 2 rounds on Friday? I wonder if they will consider changing it if they know it's too difficult for you guys to get it all on film. Especially with the popularity of the philo albatross video, you would think BSF would want as much footage as possible.

That's such a bummer, but I understand the reasoning. Any idea why they do 2 rounds on Friday? I wonder if they will consider changing it if they know it's too difficult for you guys to get it all on film. Especially with the popularity of the philo albatross video, you would think BSF would want as much footage as possible.

To my understanding, Milo is extremely hard (and expensive) to rent. Three days is what they can get, and getting in four rounds alongside the Ams playing three rounds on Saturday/Sunday too basically necessitates a shotgun start and two rounds on one of the days.

Looks like there's rain in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Wet conditions might favor someone like Nate Sexton, who has played a fairly conservative strategy at Milo in the past.

Looks like there's rain in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Wet conditions might favor someone like Nate Sexton, who has played a fairly conservative strategy at Milo in the past.
If the current forecast holds (rain and 60's all three days) it will be the worst weather ever for the BSF since it's been an NT event.

If the current forecast holds (rain and 60's all three days) it will be the worst weather ever for the BSF since it's been an NT event.

A few years back Christian Dietrich won the BSF in the rain.

And there was Cam Todd's win at the GBO.

Might be a surprise winner ...

Latest posts