• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 DGPT Jonesboro Open

Simon Lizotte will not be competing at the Jonesboro Open

We received news earlier today that Simon Lizotte will not be competing at the Jonesboro Open presented by Prodiscus this week. Simon has been dealing with a back injury and after consulting with his doctor and trainer he has decided to withdraw from the tournament. He is hoping his back will allow him to begin competing again at the Glass Blown Open later this month. We would like to wish Simon a speedy recovery and we hope to see him out on the course again soon.

Simon was originally slotted to be on the live coverage on Friday because of his second place finish last year at the event. He will be replaced with Nate Sexton who currently is first place in DGPT points standings after the first two events. You will be able to catch Ricky Wysocki, Nate Sexton, Kevin Jones, and Seppo Paju during the live coverage starting at 4pm ET on Friday. We will be live all three days of the event at 4pm ET (April 6-8th) at

Sucks Simon isn't going to be there. I really hope he gets well soon. Those back injuries can linger. On a side note, does anyone feel like Garret Gurthie has a good chance to win this thing? Seems like the perfect course for his game, and he looked solid on the lead card on a super technical course in WACO.

Sucks bad that Simon has a back injury. I hope it is something minor. I was really excited to watch him this season and that's two tourneys in a row I'm left saddened.

Eagle and Anthon are back this week anyway... and Dickerson is making his first appearance on tour this year. I think he is gonna get a big win this year.

Eagle and Anthon are back this week anyway... and Dickerson is making his first appearance on tour this year. I think he is gonna get a big win this year.

Whats considered a big win? Apparently his 10 1st place finishes this year in the lowly b/c tiered events don't count for much.

What view was injected? Its fact he has won 10 events this year. You post "Dickerson is making his 1st appearance on tour." Simply asking what constitutes a big win.

You intentionally made it seem like I thought those other events weren't worthy, when I said nothing of the kind. There have been 3 "tour events" (2 DGPT, 1 NT)so far and he hasn't played any of them. I would think a big win would be obvious... Since he already has A-tier wins...

Whats considered a big win? Apparently his 10 1st place finishes this year in the lowly b/c tiered events don't count for much.

Yes, they're wins, but a B-tier is not a "big" win.
Sure, it helps pay the bills, but it's not a major tour win.

Stoked! When I saw the course it was like a dream for the first time.

Kind of how I would fairy tale like draw a course out....Country setting, long, rolling hills in the midst of spring bloom.

Yes, they're wins, but a B-tier is not a "big" win.
Sure, it helps pay the bills, but it's not a major tour win.

Yep, and I'll take it a step farther.

Beating the local pros isn't the same as beating the touring pros. "Hey man, I beat 950 rated Jimmy Joe" isn't the same as I took down five 1020 rated players.

What more do you want from the guy? He's beaten 10 different 1000-rated players, including Barry, MJ, Zach Melton, Dollar, Childs, Joey Lutz, Devin Frederick, Charles Behrhorst, Cody Bradshaw, and Dan Hastings. He's won ten straight tournaments.

His margins of victory have been 5, 8, 2, 14, 1, 9, 3, 5, 3, and 5. He went undefeated at VTI in match play. Y'all. He's beating Barry and MJ regularly in North Carolina. It's bonkers that Dickerson is underrated nationally, despite a track record of shredding everywhere he plays.

Yes... which is why I said I think he is gonna get a big win this year. High profile win against a large top flight field with a big pay day. I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets more than one. I could very easily see him winning Idlewild, Maple Hill and Iron Hill if he signs up. He has a great woods game and also has the distance to compete on the more open courses. Its just a matter of time...

... I wouldn't be surprised if it was this week.

Based on ratings, here are the chances of winning. Paul vs. Rick vs. The Field are just about evenly matched. Among The Field, it's a tossup between the evenly matched Chris or Eagle or Nate vs. The Rest of The Field.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JO18.png
    JO18.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 420
Yep, and I'll take it a step farther.

Beating the local pros isn't the same as beating the touring pros. "Hey man, I beat 950 rated Jimmy Joe" isn't the same as I took down five 1020 rated players.

Also, how people forget he's 1035 rated. That puts him in elite company. I agree it's not a matter of if but when for him.

What more do you want from the guy? He's beaten 10 different 1000-rated players, including Barry, MJ, Zach Melton, Dollar, Childs, Joey Lutz, Devin Frederick, Charles Behrhorst, Cody Bradshaw, and Dan Hastings. He's won ten straight tournaments.

His margins of victory have been 5, 8, 2, 14, 1, 9, 3, 5, 3, and 5. He went undefeated at VTI in match play. Y'all. He's beating Barry and MJ regularly in North Carolina. It's bonkers that Dickerson is underrated nationally, despite a track record of shredding everywhere he plays.

I think you missed the original point, as Brut lays out, Chris is a great player, he just hasn't had a big win yet this year. And I agree with Brut, I see it coming. I started a thread last year asking who was gonna be the big break through guy. A ton of people put Chris out there. It didn't happen last year, but you can see it's gonna.

Latest posts