• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Las Vegas Challenge PDGA NT

Anybody heard of Sai Ananda? She is -5 through 6 holes.

I have! I witnessed one of the most clutch putts ever from her.

2017 Rocky Mountain Championships. She was tied with Sarah Hokom, and it went to a playoff.

Sarah throws it within 25 feet, Sai throws her drive, and she's like 60? maybe 65 out.

Steps up, and ****in buries a sick jump putt. Sarah missed her putt, so Sai won. Epic. She's got great form, and can obviously putt too.

Glad to see the TDs followed Competition Manual rule 1.06 when they set up the groupings for the 1st round.

no, wait, I meant to say I'm not surprised to see the TDs ignored that rule.
Read to the end of Comp rule 1.06. Section J. allows Super groups with approvals by players in group and Tour Manager.

I have! I witnessed one of the most clutch putts ever from her.

2017 Rocky Mountain Championships. She was tied with Sarah Hokom, and it went to a playoff.

Sarah throws it within 25 feet, Sai throws her drive, and she's like 60? maybe 65 out.

Steps up, and ****in buries a sick jump putt. Sarah missed her putt, so Sai won. Epic. She's got great form, and can obviously putt too.

Pretty dope-nasty. Any idea if there was coverage for that Ian? Sounds like it'd be fun to watch

I'm following on UDisc Live, and did Kevin Jones really put his drive inside the circle on the 621 ft. hole 3?

7 OB strokes will do that. Tied for 15th. Would not have projected her and Hannah McBeth to be on the same card for round 2.

Also of note, her 71% Circle 1 putting is 23rd out of the 24 competitors. The only person lower was 792 rated Brittany Zimmer who shot a +17 and is in last place.

I'm following on UDisc Live, and did Kevin Jones really put his drive inside the circle on the 621 ft. hole 3?

According to the stats it looks like it. Unless I'm reading the stats wrong. Looks like he landed in the circle, missed the eagle putt, and took bird.

I believe it. He can throw that far. Appears to be killing it off the green so far, but missing some putts.

AND live coverage.
Note it doesn't say "live video, streaming or broadcasting". The coverage is definitely live via stats and I doubt the video team filming them will be doing it via re-enactment. I agree that the word 'live' has a broader meaning here and will mention to CompCom about tweaking the language.

Anyone else notice udisc is getting mighty slow to load up, must be more traffic than they're used to with the pro tour.

Note it doesn't say "live video, streaming or broadcasting". The coverage is definitely live via stats and I doubt the video team filming them will be doing it via re-enactment. I agree that the word 'live' has a broader meaning here and will mention to CompCom about tweaking the language.

I really don't care how they set up their cards, but that is one lame explanation you just set out there.

I really don't care how they set up their cards, but that is one lame explanation you just set out there.
I agree it's a bit misleading if you think "live" means the same as "live video streaming". Besides the live stats, there's spotty live coverage on Twitter and Facebook https://twitter.com/pdga As I posted above, a note regarding this is now circulating in the CompCom.

Note to those keeping score at home, this is the OPPOSITE of the definition of live coverage I received when I asked the PDGA at the director's cup last year.

The reason they were allowed to have a Supergroup at this NT is because the TD requested a waiver from the tour manager. Chuck you may want to discuss this interpretation with the tour manager/comp committee because your statement allows every tournament to create super groups as long as they use the live scoring feature on the PDGA website which was NOT the intent of the competition committee with rule 106 (as you presumably know).

Note to those keeping score at home, this is the OPPOSITE of the definition of live coverage I received when I asked the PDGA at the director's cup last year.

The reason they were allowed to have a Supergroup at this NT is because the TD requested a waiver from the tour manager. Chuck you may want to discuss this interpretation with the tour manager/comp committee because your statement allows every tournament to create super groups as long as they use the live scoring feature on the PDGA website which was NOT the intent of the competition committee with rule 106 (as you presumably know).
As I posted, the note is circulating already. I'm pretty sure the intent was "live" meaning "live streaming video" but for the moment "live" by itself doesn't restrict the meaning to that.